Script Beta. The request took too long to respond.

Ivan Pilipchuk

Sep 15, 2021, 3:41:30 AM9/15/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,
when I run script on account with many ads the following exception raise:

Exception: Call to GoogleAdsService.Search failed: The request took too long to respond. at adsapp_compiled:13649:120 at adsapp_compiled:13654:9 at pa (adsapp_compiled:210:15) at adsapp_compiled:218:20 at eB.search (adsapp_compiled:13739:28) at LA.search (adsapp_compiled:13376:19) at MA.search (adsapp_compiled:13457:20) at VA.search (adsapp_compiled:13547:19) at Qc (adsapp_compiled:967:34) at Qc.next (<anonymous>)

Account CID: 696-848-7421

rsa_builder.txt

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 16, 2021, 2:30:14 AM9/16/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

Could you kindly confirm if the reported behavior occurs when the beta is toggled?

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie Pimentel
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NUHCG:ref

Ivan Pilipchuk

Sep 17, 2021, 2:27:21 AM9/17/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum

Hi Teejay,
Yes, it occurs when the beta is toggled and account has too many ads.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 17, 2021, 4:53:49 AM9/17/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for coming back. Harry here, I work along Teejay. Can you kindly specify the script's name so I know I am looking at the correct script and a screenshot of the error you are encountering for better illustration?

Thanks,
Google Logo
Harry Cliford Rivera
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NUHCG:ref

Ivan Pilipchuk

Sep 20, 2021, 2:53:14 AM9/20/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum

Hi Harry,
script name is 'Ads - RSA Builder'.  The script has an internal logic if you need it tell me to provide you .

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 20, 2021, 5:18:21 AM9/20/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for mentioning that you have an internal logic for your script. I'd appreciate it if you can provide the file that contains the internal logic you have written so I can assist you further. You may send them privately via the reply to author option. Note that you may need to join the Google Group for you to use this option. If this option is not available at your end still, you may send it through our email (googleadsscr...@google.com) instead.

As a side note, if you're having trouble receiving replies from us, please check your Spam folder. Additionally, please add the 'From address' on that email to your contact list to ensure we aren't flagged as Spam in future messages. If you don't see a message from us in your Spam folder, please email us directly through the email stated above referring to this forum thread.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ivan Pilipchuk

Sep 24, 2021, 7:29:40 AM9/24/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum

Hi Harry,
I'v just sent message with files.
Can you tell me please if you got my message.
On Monday, September 20, 2021 at 12:18:21 PM UTC+3 adsscripts wrote:
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for mentioning that you have an internal logic for your script. I'd appreciate it if you can provide the file that contains the internal logic you have written so I can assist you further. You may send them privately via the reply to author option. Note that you may need to join the Google Group for you to use this option. If this option is not available at your end still, you may send it through our email (googleadsscripts-support@google.com) instead.

As a side note, if you're having trouble receiving replies from us, please check your Spam folder. Additionally, please add the 'From address' on that email to your contact list to ensure we aren't flagged as Spam in future messages. If you don't see a message from us in your Spam folder, please email us directly through the email stated above referring to this forum thread.

Looking forward to your reply.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 27, 2021, 4:07:27 AM9/27/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for getting back. I wasn't made aware that you have multiple script files so would you mind providing context to how your script works as a whole and which script file does which purpose? On the other hand, I'd appreciate it if you can provide a script that can replicate the issue at hand. For context, this types errors occurs when using the UrlFetchApp to handle cloud stored script files. Lastly, would you be able to execute the script for me and let me know how it goes? Just so we'd have more script execution references.

Ivan Pilipchuk

Oct 14, 2021, 6:52:28 AM10/14/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,
a get the same error when getting ads. Can you see, please script 'MCC - Product Stock Scanner & Links Checker' on account with id '805-503-4898'.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Oct 15, 2021, 12:14:59 AM10/15/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for following up here. With the new Google Ads Scripts Beta, it does not seem that a RESPONSIVE_SEARCH_AD value is supported in the AdsApp.​AdSelector.withCondition. Can you kindly confirm if you are only encountering the issue in beta?

Ivan Pilipchuk

Oct 15, 2021, 2:36:33 AM10/15/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,
Yes, this issue encountering only in beta. It seems to me that the  RESPONSIVE_SEARCH_AD type is supported in the  AdsApp.​AdSelector.withCondition. I've run the same snippet of code on another account ( account id '380-743-0808') and it worked.
code:
AdsApp
      .withCondition('ad_group_ad.ad.type IN (EXPANDED_TEXT_AD, RESPONSIVE_SEARCH_AD)')
      .withCondition('ad_group_ad.status = ENABLED')
      .withCondition('campaign.status = ENABLED')
      .withCondition('ad_group.status = ENABLED')
      .get();

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Oct 15, 2021, 5:37:46 AM10/15/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for providing your insights. Would you mind providing the script name from the account you have mentioned as well? I should be able to further my investigation from there and guide you accordingly.

Ivan Pilipchuk

Oct 15, 2021, 6:03:51 AM10/15/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,
thank you,
the script name is 'MCC - Product Stock Scanner & Links Checker'.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Oct 17, 2021, 11:04:33 PM10/17/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your continued cooperation. I used your ad selector code to replicate the issue but with no success. Do you encounter the same issue with the ad selector code alone? Nevertheless, I am leaning that the issue you are encountering is with your internal script logic. I'd recommend having them inside Google Ads scripts first to better debug the issue at hand. If you can provide the script files that you use and context to their usage, I would really appreciate it so I can assist you further. You may send them here or privately via the reply to author option. Note that you may need to join the Google Group for you to use this option. If this option is not available at your end still, you may send it through our email (googleadsscr...@google.com) instead.

Let me know your thoughts.