Auction insights metrics in api v11: "The developer doesn't have access [..]"

Sigurd Fabrin

Jun 21, 2022, 6:09:10 AM6/21/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,

When I try to query any of the new auction insights metrics that should be available in api 11, I get an error like this: "The developer doesn't have access to metrics: ''auction_insight_search_impression_share''.

I can see in the documentation that it says: "This metric is not publicly available".

How can I access these metrics? My access level shouldn't be an issue.

Example code:
  let query =
      'SELECT '+
      'metrics.auction_insight_search_impression_share '+
      'FROM ad_group '+
      'WHERE '+
      'segments.date DURING LAST_7_DAYS';
  let response = AdsApp.search(query,{apiVersion:'v11'});
  while (response.hasNext()) {
    let row = response.next();
    console.log(row.metrics.auctionInsightSearchImpressionShare)
  }

Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 12.04.07.png

Thanks
Sigurd

Sigurd Fabrin

Jun 24, 2022, 3:27:30 AM6/24/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Any thoughts on this issue?

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 24, 2022, 7:24:38 AM6/24/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sigurd,

Thank you for getting back to us.

In response to your concern, I would like to let you know that this case has a duplicate case. For more details, please see this forum and my colleague's response to that forum. In that forum, let's continue your concern.

Regards,

Google Logo
Darwin
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2byYXf:ref

Sigurd Fabrin

Jun 24, 2022, 7:39:55 AM6/24/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi again,

It is not the same question. It is related, but not the same. Also, you have not answered the question you mentioned, but only asked to get access to an account - which will not help other people

My question is:

How can I access to the auction insights metrics that should be available in api v11?

It other words: why does the code below not work?

  let query =
      'SELECT '+
      'metrics.auction_insight_search_impression_share '+
      'FROM ad_group '+
      'WHERE '+
      'segments.date DURING LAST_7_DAYS';
  let response = AdsApp.search(query,{apiVersion:'v11'});
  while (response.hasNext()) {
    let row = response.next();
    console.log(row.metrics.auctionInsightSearchImpressionShare)
  }

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 27, 2022, 2:38:13 AM6/27/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sigurd,

Teejay here. Allow me to assist you in this.

With regard to your concern, it is indeed that the said field appears on the Metrics ref doc page, but they are not publicly available as mentioned in the descriptions. There has been a discussion on this from Google Ads API forum as well. Let me share this to the rest of the team to get their insight specifically to access request.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2byYXf:ref

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 28, 2022, 1:31:31 AM6/28/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sigurd,

I am Maia, I work along with Teejay from the Google Ads Scripts Team. We have received feed back from the rest of the team.

I’m afraid that these fields are not available for public use. Having said that, it is not possible to grant access as there is no way to get allowlisted for these fields as well.

Best Regards,

Google Logo
Angel Maia