YouTube Channels Exluding in Shared Set

Dmytro Tonkikh

Aug 24, 2018, 5:34:24 AM8/24/18
to AdWords Scripts Forum
 Hi

In my script i try to exclude all children channels.

But now I can't add any youtube targeting into excluded placement list and have an error in the log

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 12.29.26 PM.png

Excluding youtube channels are allowed only in campaign or adgroup criterion?

Anthony Madrigal

Aug 24, 2018, 3:24:43 PM8/24/18
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Hi Dmytro,

It appears addExcludedPlacement is not a method of the YouTube Channel object. However, if you provide your CID and script name via reply privately to author, I can investigate further.

Thanks,
Anthony
AdWords Scripts Team

Dmytro Tonkikh

Aug 25, 2018, 9:45:46 AM8/25/18
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Hi Anthony

I'm wondering to know

How can I add youtube channel to excluding placement list (shared set)?

Мая Петрова

Aug 27, 2018, 9:39:47 AM8/27/18
to AdWords Scripts Forum

Мая Петрова

Aug 27, 2018, 9:41:52 AM8/27/18
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Hello, can you give a link or the name of the scipt? I can't find so far scipt for excuding Youtube channels from display campaign. Thank you and wish you all the best.

Greetings, Maya

Dmytro Tonkikh

Aug 27, 2018, 10:06:37 AM8/27/18
to AdWords Scripts Forum
  Мая, you can find my script here - https://tonkikh.github.io/channels-cleaner/

Maya Petrova

Aug 27, 2018, 10:13:30 AM8/27/18
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Thank you, Dmytro.

Anthony Madrigal

Aug 27, 2018, 3:56:48 PM8/27/18
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Hi Dmytro,

It does not appear that you can add YouTube channels to exclusion placement lists in Scripts, although in can be done in the UI by navigating to Placements then Exclusions. If this becomes available, we will post about it on our blog. However, you can exclude YouTube channels, but you cannot add them to exclusion lists. Excluding YouTube channels can be done through the YouTubeChannelBuilder. To exclude the channel, use the exclude method instead of the build method.

Regards,
Anthony
AdWords Scripts Team