Script Migration not working

Shashi Kant

Sep 21, 2022, 7:06:04 AM9/21/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Everyone,

Facing an error while migrating to "new script experience" in AdWords script but in older version it is running fine with no errors  but when I turn on the "new script experience " getting  below error don't know how to debug and what error it causing scripts to fail

Error log:

9/21/2022 1:05:27 PM
InputError: undefined is not a filterable field. at new YG (adsapp_compiled:17148:13) at new oH (adsapp_compiled:17366:22) at bI.report (adsapp_compiled:18034:12) at cI.report (adsapp_compiled:18179:21) at Object.<anonymous> (adsapp_compiled:18977:54)

Please help !

Shashi Kant

Sep 21, 2022, 7:13:18 AM9/21/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Google account ID :  TRI Pointe519-319-4408
Name of the Script :  QS Comp - Test

Shashi Kant

Sep 22, 2022, 1:10:56 AM9/22/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi ,

Can anyone please suggest some help on this ?

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 22, 2022, 2:42:43 AM9/22/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi Shashi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This is Yasmin from the Google Ads scripts team.

I would like to inform you that just enabling or toggling on the new script experience button within the script editor will not automatically convert or migrate the existing script. You would need to manually move your scripts over to the new experience before then to ensure continued functionality.

Upon checking the given script, I observed that you haven’t migrated the code snippets of your scripts into the new script experience setup, which is the main reason why those scripts are not working properly on your end. As I mentioned above, you need to make some adjustments to your code snippets for the scripts to work in the new script experience version.

To migrate the script, I would like to refer you to our migration guide. For better construction of a GAQL query, you may use this query builder; but since you already have a query, you may use this query migration tool instead. You may also refer to our resource mapping documentation in order to map the fields in the script. That being said, kindly note that the fields AveragePosition (as stated in this help center article) and HasQualityScore are already deprecated as per the resource mapping documentation.

For HasQualityScore, what you can do instead is to filter on the field ad_group_criterion.quality_info.quality_score to have a value or depending on the quality score you would need. For AveragePosition, as per the help center article I stated above, you could instead use Impression (Absolute Top) % and Impression (Top) % which are metrics.absolute_top_impression_percentage and metrics.top_impression_percentage respectively. You could also use Search absolute top impression share and Search (Top) IS if you want to optimize for position; these are the best metrics to use in this regard. These are metrics.search_absolute_top_impression_share and metrics.search_top_impression_share respectively.

Let us know if we can assist you with anything else.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle
Google Ads Scripts Team