New Google Ads Script AdsApp.ads() call returns Experiment Ads Variation

Mega PPC

Jun 23, 2022, 2:50:43 AM6/23/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Since updating to new Google Ads Script Experience - The AdsApp.ads() seemingly returns an Ads Variations that were created manually on Google Ads.

This causes issue downstream since there is no distinguishing variable between a normal Ads and Ads created in the backend by Ads Variation.
Resulting in script stopping from "Unknown error" - when trying to pause the ads for example.

Would be very helpful if there any any ways to determine that an Ads is not a real Ads but ones from Ads Variation.

I believe this is a bug - since this issue did not happen in the old version.

Thank you

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 23, 2022, 6:27:11 AM6/23/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Ads Scripts.

So our team can better check this concern, could you provide the following?

  • CID.
  • Script Name.
  • Shareable links of your spreadsheet if applicable.

You can provide it via Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, then send it instead on this email address googleadsscr...@google.com

Regards,

Google Logo
Darwin