Google Ads - YouTube Channel - Placements report with YouTube Channel ID

Yves Frateur

Nov 28, 2019, 5:45:59 AM11/28/19
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi

I made a placements analysis on MCC level focused on the performance of YouTube channels.
The goal of this analysis is to find non-performining YouTube channels, and to exclude the selected channels afterwards via a 'placement exclusion' list on MCC-level.

The analysis data was created via the report functionality in Google Ads. Below you can find the parameters used for the analysis.

placementyoutubechannel.png

After a few tweak this results in following overview:

placementyoutubechannel2.png

I retrieve the names of the YouTube channels, but with this information I cannot exclude all selected YouTube channels via a  'placement exclusion' list on MCC-level.

It seems that I need YouTube channel ID's in order to make this happen.

In the Developer Docs I found that the YouTube channel ID parameter exists and can be retrieved via Google Ads Scripts.

https://developers.google.com/google-ads/scripts/docs/reference/adsapp/adsapp_youtubechannel?hl=en#getId_0

I found an interesting script that I would like to tweak in order to reach my goal: https://elama.global/blog/google-ads-script-how-to-exclude-bad-placements-from-google-display-network-campaigns/.

I would like to generate the same report as described above via a Google Ads Script, with an extra column value that contains the relevant YouTube channel parameter.

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Nov 29, 2019, 12:57:00 AM11/29/19
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yves,

Thanks for posting your concern.

You may try to implement the video YouTube channel's selector and iterator, and use either the getStatsFor(dateRange) and getStatsFor(dateFrom, dateTo) methods. By implementing this, you can access the object of AdsApp.​Stats and you can use the following methods to retrieve specific data of each YouTube channel. You can use these sample codes to import the report to Google spreadsheet.

Let me know if you have further questions/clarifications.

Regards,
Ejay
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UODSuc:ref

Dmytro

Jan 21, 2021, 7:20:23 AM1/21/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Yves,
I've created that script to exclude placements from GDN.

For excluding YouTube videos I have another script - http://chiliad.agency/en/youtube_cleaner

But it doesn't clean placement by their statistics - only if tags or title contain bad keywords.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jan 21, 2021, 9:03:28 PM1/21/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dmytro,

Thank you for sharing your knowledge/scripts to this community.

Please let us know if you have any concerns related to Google Ads Scripts. We'll be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Google Logo
Mark Kevin Albios