Get the companion banner of the video ads is exist

Peter Truong

Sep 22, 2022, 5:00:40 AM9/22/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi everyone, I am checking the config of the creative such as headline, description, channel name, name, etc., and the companion banner.

I use this instruction but I can not find the way to get the companion banner. Can you please help to instruct me on how to get its information?

Bests

Peter Truong

Sep 22, 2022, 5:14:15 AM9/22/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
And when I try to get the headline, Description, etc. it returns an error "SunsetError: The getDescription1 function has been sunset and is no longer supported."
How could we get the information from the ad by AdScript?

Bests,

Peter Truong

Sep 22, 2022, 6:51:34 AM9/22/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi, I just figure out we can get the information on Ads through the GAQL.
However, I can not find the attribute for the bumper (action_headline and action_button_label). Can you guide me on how to get that information?

Bests,

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 22, 2022, 10:41:54 AM9/22/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out. Depending on which video ad type you are trying to create, you can use the corresponding ad builder, and include the companion banner there.

For your second issue, can you please privately provide us with your CID and script name so that we can see the context of this error?

Thanks,

Google Logo
Matt
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2eeaX2:ref

Peter Truong

Sep 22, 2022, 11:17:59 PM9/22/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi, I am using the GAQL to get the list of Ads, and currently, I only can get the companion banner from the Bumper (image attached)
Is the query-tool not updated yet or we can not get the action_headline and action_label_butotn of Bumper? is there any way to get these information?

Ảnh chụp Màn hình 2022-09-23 lúc 10.14.17.png

Bests,

Peter Truong

Sep 25, 2022, 10:57:04 PM9/25/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi team, is there any update? Please help to resolve this issue for me

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 26, 2022, 1:25:01 AM9/26/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi Peter,

Please excuse us as it appears your previous message failed to be routed on our end. Thank you for providing your insights on this.

It appears that these resource fields are not yet exposed in the Google Ads API, however, I do believe that there is an existing request made for this feature. Please be informed that I would not be able to provide a definite timeline on the exposure of these fields in the API. I would instead just advise you keep an eye on the Ads Developer Blog for latest updates and future announcements.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle