Get account search campaign CTR

Jonathan Lissman

May 8, 2018, 4:07:09 AM5/8/18
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Basicly what the title says.

I've tried with a couple ways to get the account search campaigns combined CTR but nothing seems to work,

Anyone got any tips how i can add this to my script?

I added an image of the value i want to fetch, but i can only seem to fetch the value for all campaigns from the ACCOUNT_PERFORMANCE_REPORT
and any of the conditions i've tried have not worked.

i've tried to add a AdvertisingChannelType condition
and a LabelNames condition.
ctr.png

Hiroyuki Miyauchi (AdWords Scripts Team)

May 8, 2018, 6:49:07 AM5/8/18
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Hello Jonathan,

If you were able to get the CTR value using the Account Performance Report, then could you please confirm what the specific issue you are encountering regarding fetching the CTR value is?
So I could also further check on my end, could you provide your CID and script name via Reply privately to author?

Regards,
Hiroyuki
AdWords Scripts Team

Jonathan Lissman

May 8, 2018, 7:38:50 AM5/8/18
to AdWords Scripts Forum
I managed to solve it using sheets and formulas where i fetched clicks and impressions from search campaigns and then divided those instead.

But the issue i wanted help with was to get the aggregated CTR from the accounts search campaigns and if you got a easy way to solve it i'll save it for future scripts :)

if you look at the picture,
i only wanted to fetch the aggregated CTR from the search network (the value 19,02% in the picture)
 but i could only fetch the aggregated CTR from the whole account (display and search network, the value 3,77% in the picture)

Hiroyuki Miyauchi (AdWords Scripts Team)

May 9, 2018, 5:38:42 AM5/9/18
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Hello Jonathan,

I would suggest that using Campaign Performance Report instead of Account Performance Report, since it is possible to filter this report type with the AdvertisingChannelType = SEARCH.
However, please note that this will report campaign level CTR and not account level. Also, in the Account Performance Report, there is no field for AdvertisingChannelType that may help to filter the  campaign type = SEARCH.
Please let me know how it goes after trying the suggestion.

Jonathan Lissman

May 9, 2018, 7:26:20 AM5/9/18
to AdWords Scripts Forum on behalf of Hiroyuki Miyauchi (AdWords Scripts Team)
Yeah, that was my thought aswell, but as i wanted the aggregated CTR and not the CTR of the individual campaigns, so i guess ill keep using my workaround for now.
I'll repost in this thread if i find a method that works

Thank you for your time

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups AdWords Scripts Forum group. Please do not reply to this email. To post to this group or unsubscribe please visit https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/community.
---

Best regards
Jonathan Lissman

Jona...@here.se | +46 (0) 768727160
(Nääs Fabriker) Spinnerivägen 1, 448 50 Tollered