Need help to get the reporting data for data feed

Nathamon Natty

Jun 1, 2020, 10:05:58 PM6/1/20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum

The background is I'm trying to query out the custom data feed item performance to investigate item by item.

I've tried the Placeholder Feed Item Report, it seems to work but the only problem is that the value isn't there.

The result:

PvGIE.png

Here is the query I use

var QUERIES =
           {'query' : 'SELECT FeedItemId, AdGroupId, Conversions, ConversionRate ' +
            'FROM   PLACEHOLDER_FEED_ITEM_REPORT ' +
      'WHERE  Impressions > 1 ' +
      'AND  FeedId = xxxxxxx ' +
      'DURING 20191001,20200430',
            'spreadsheetUrl' : 'https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/xxx/edit#gid=xx',
            'tabName' : 'Feed Item',
            'reportVersion' : 'v201809'
           };

The Javascript part of the code works perfectly as tested by pulling other types of reports. What have I done wrong with the PLACEHOLDER_FEED_ITEM_REPORT?

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 2, 2020, 1:39:10 AM6/2/20
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern.

So that I can further investigate, could you provide the customer ID and the name of the script where the code is implemented?

Regards,
Ejay
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q20VOn5:ref

Svijetao

Jun 4, 2020, 7:13:28 AM6/4/20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Ejay,

Already replied the information privately, please let me know if you get the message.

Best,

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 4, 2020, 1:28:04 PM6/4/20
to adwords-scripts+apn2wqdvtlpzbxa4...@googlegroups.com, adwords-scripts+apn2wqdvtlpzbxa4...@googlegroups.co, adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We did not receive your private reply. Can you please try sending the information again?

Thanks,
Matt

Svijetao

Jun 4, 2020, 9:31:51 PM6/4/20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Matt,

Sent the info privately to you already, have you received it?
Message has been deleted

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 5, 2020, 1:36:17 AM6/5/20
to adwords-scripts+apn2wqdvtlpzbxa4...@googlegroups.com, adwords-scripts+apn2wqdvtlpzbxa4...@googlegroups.co, adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your account ID and the name of the Script.

However, upon checking, your account currently does not have extensions associated with it. The Placeholder Feed Item Report should map directly to your Google Ads account's EXTENSIONS view. You can check this guide (Ads Extension Reports section) for the mapping of the UI and the reports. When checking the said view in your account, it appears that no extensions are present.

That is most likely the reason why your Script to generate the report returned empty values.

Best regards,
Peter

Svijetao

Jun 5, 2020, 1:57:06 AM6/5/20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response. Question is by the term 'extensions', it means sitelinks, call extension etc. right for SEM?
If yes, what is actually the correct way to get the report for each item performance on the product feed as the account is specifically for display ads?

Best regards,
NT

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 5, 2020, 2:24:54 AM6/5/20
to adwords-scripts+apn2wqdvtlpzbxa4...@googlegroups.com, adwords-scripts+apn2wqdvtlpzbxa4...@googlegroups.co, adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Extensions could be any of the following that are listed in this guide. By product feed, did you mean Shopping products? If yes, the only available reports for shopping campaigns are the Shopping Performance Report and the Product Partition Report.

The Shopping Performance Report is aggregated at the product level while the Product Partition Report is aggregated at the product partition level.

Thanks,
Message has been deleted

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 5, 2020, 6:14:49 AM6/5/20
to adwords-scripts+apn2wqdvtlpzbxa4...@googlegroups.com, adwords-scripts+apn2wqdvtlpzbxa4...@googlegroups.co, adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for the follow up. We are always happy to help.

However, the Join clause is unfortunately, currently not supported in the Google Ads Scripts reporting. For reference, you may refer to this guide as to how you can construct your report queries using the Google Ads Scripts.

In addition to the above, you can refer to this documentation for the complete list of fields that are supported in the Placeholder Feed Item Report, which you can later on include in your SELECT query for the said report.

Svijetao

Jun 5, 2020, 9:52:22 PM6/5/20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply. I think I found the right way to map which is using the where clause using

PlaceholderType = 14

Though, I just realised that the ID 14 wasn't under the EXTENSION section describe in this guide, instead it's under the DYNAMIC REMARKETING section. Hence can we say that the Placeholder Item Feed Report doesn't support the report that I wanna create? The report I want to create is DYNAMIC REMARKETING - type: CUSTOM - performance report by each product item id or item title.

Still hope it's possible to get the data tho, please help guide the right report to retrieve the data if any.

Best,
NT

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 8, 2020, 2:55:35 AM6/8/20
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My apologies for back and forth.

So that our team will have a closer and to check if it is possible to get via report, could you provide the screenshot of the data feed in the UI that want to get?

Regards,
Ejay

Svijetao

Jun 15, 2020, 4:48:05 AM6/15/20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Ejay,

I sent the screenshot to you privately, have you received it?

Best,
NT

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 15, 2020, 5:39:47 AM6/15/20
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Our team wasn't able to receive your private reply. With this, could you post the screenshot in the comment instead and hide the sensitive information so I can further check?

Svijetao

Jun 15, 2020, 6:44:46 AM6/15/20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Ejay

Here's the screenshot, we would like to map this data with impression, click, cost etc.
Please guide me the correct way to do it or if it's not available, may we raise for feature request?

Best,
NT

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 15, 2020, 1:51:56 PM6/15/20
to adwords-scripts+apn2wqdvtlpzbxa4...@googlegroups.com, adwords-scripts+apn2wqdvtlpzbxa4...@googlegroups.co, adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The placeholder feed item report should properly map a custom dynamic remarketing placeholder. Were you able to successfully insert the where-statement:

WHERE PlaceholderType = 14

Regards,
Matt
Message has been deleted

Svijetao

Jun 18, 2020, 4:27:16 AM6/18/20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Matt,

Yes, there's no error occurred when previewing the code on Google ads interface. Although the result on the sheet is just like the first picture I attached on the thread, only query column with no value.
This is how I did it though.

{'query' : 'SELECT FeedId, FeedItemId, Cost ' +
     'FROM   PLACEHOLDER_FEED_ITEM_REPORT ' +
          'WHERE  PlaceholderType = 14 ' +
          'AND AdGroupId = xxxxxxx ' +
          'DURING 20200101,20200131',
                'spreadsheetUrl' : 'https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/confidential',
                'tabName' : 'Feed Item',
                'reportVersion' : 'v201809'
               }

I'm sure the Adgroup ID used had run using the product feed during the selected period, it has >70m impression. Please let me know if I map it wrongly.

Best regards,
NT

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 18, 2020, 6:17:08 AM6/18/20
to adwords-scripts+apn2wqdvtlpzbxa4...@googlegroups.com, adwords-scripts+apn2wqdvtlpzbxa4...@googlegroups.co, adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Svijetao,

Upon further checking, and as stated in this guide, it appears that performance metrics such as Impressions and Cost for Dynamic Remarketing feeds and feed items will not appear in the PLACEHOLDER_REPORT or PLACEHOLDER_FEED_ITEM_REPORT.

However, you can use the PLACEHOLDER_FEED_ITEM_REPORT as a structure report to retrieve dynamic remarketing feed items and their attribute values (listed in the Attribute column of the report documentation), provided your request does not include any performance metrics or fields derived from impressions, such as CampaignId or AdGroupId.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Peter

Svijetao

Jun 18, 2020, 6:32:00 AM6/18/20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Peter,

Given that answer, so we currently don't have the solution to map data feed item with performance metrics right?

As per that limitation, is there any solution Google team can help to get the metric data for the data feed and does Google actually store that data (dynamic re-marketing feed items performance)?

Regards,
NT

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 18, 2020, 1:55:50 PM6/18/20
to adwords-scripts+apn2wqdvtlpzbxa4...@googlegroups.com, adwords-scripts+apn2wqdvtlpzbxa4...@googlegroups.co, adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Svigetao,

At the moment, scripts does not support metrics reporting for this placeholder type. Scripts uses the API for reporting, and it's possible there is an API solution. I recommend reaching out to the API forum for assistance on this issue.

Regards,
Matt