Official MCC link checker report paused sitelinks set at account level

KFA

May 8, 2024, 8:46:10 AMMay 8
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi

Using this

https://developers.google.com/google-ads/scripts/docs/solutions/manager-link-checker

Can anyone confirm my issue mentioned in the headline and maybe have a fix?

Maybe point be in direction af a MCC script that do not have this issue?

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

May 8, 2024, 12:39:36 PMMay 8
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Google Ads Scripts team.

I have reviewed the script at the provided link. I would like to inform you that the script you have shared with us is used to validate the links, even for paused sitelinks, ads, and keywords. Kindly note that the link checker script can't pause the sitelinks.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tIupA:ref" (ADR-00234152)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads Scripts Team

KFA

May 9, 2024, 2:37:58 AMMay 9
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,

Thank you for reply.

I am probably not describing the issue correct. Sitelinks that are added at account level that have errors but are paused are being reported as having errors in the sheet. I have no issues with active sitelinks with errors added at campaign or ad group level. They are correctly reported.

I have no intention of anything but reporting in the sheet.

Nils Rooijmans

Jun 3, 2024, 1:48:40 AMJun 3
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
have you tried the scope setting in the configuration sheet?  (set 'Include paused sitelinks' to 'No')

Hope this helps,

Nils Rooijmans
https://nilsrooijmans.com
See my Google Ads Scripts FAQ to avoid the same mistakes I made: https://nilsrooijmans.com/google-ads-scripts-faq/

KFA

Jun 3, 2024, 2:19:49 AMJun 3
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi

Yes. I have testet the account level of the same script and it seems to have the same error. Sitelinks added at the account level which are paused are reported as false-positives .

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 3, 2024, 4:48:54 AMJun 3
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I would suggest that you follow the solution provided by Nils. Kindly reach out to us if you still need anything else.

KFA

Jun 3, 2024, 6:07:38 AMJun 3
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi

Yes as i wrote to Nils. If you mean "include paused sitelinks" if have of course made sure it is set to NO

Can you confirm that the scripts (both MCC and account level scripts) can handle assets set at account level? Can it be the case that an asset af both set on account level and campaign level produce the false-positive? Both are paused btw.