Large Manager Hierarchy Template Example

Mark Fiore

Aug 23, 2021, 9:26:39 AM8/23/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hello,

I'm fairly new to coding and I'm having trouble getting the large manager hierarchy template to do anything. Does anyone have an example they wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks!

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Aug 24, 2021, 12:43:05 AM8/24/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out. Harry here, from the Google Ads Scripts Team.

Unfortunately, there is no other references that is documented for the Large Manager Hierarchy Template solution script other than its guide itself but maybe other group members can help you out with that. On the other hand, can you kindly provide more context to the issue you are encountering so I can assist you further? I would appreciate it if you can provide screenshots for better illustration.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Harry Cliford Rivera
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2MhzFq:ref

Mark Fiore

Aug 24, 2021, 1:20:15 PM8/24/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hey Harry,

Really my post was just to ask if anyone else in the group had an example. But more or less what we're trying to do is an overall health check of our accounts. Basically taking the account audit script and running it across our entire mcc at once. Is that something you might able to help with?

Thanks!

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Aug 25, 2021, 12:50:53 AM8/25/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

Thanks for coming back and yes, I can absolutely guide you with writing the script. I assume you have already gone through the Large Manager Hierarchy Template solution script guide so please let me know if you have questions from there. On the other hand, we do have the MCC version of the Account Auditor script. If you need to process more than 50 accounts, you can create multiple instances of the script and set the ACCOUNT_LABEL differently in each instance.

Mark Fiore

Sep 3, 2021, 11:19:25 AM9/3/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hey Harry,

Yeah I wouldn't mind going through the script together to try and get it set up.

We've used the account auditor script but the problem we have is runtime. Some of our accounts won't complete in the 30 minute allotment time.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 6, 2021, 2:55:01 AM9/6/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back. Let me here know if you have questions on the Large Manager Hierarchy Template solution script. On the other hand, if you would like, I can take a look at the Account Auditor script issue you are having and see what you can update to go about it. Kindly provide your Google Ads account ID and script's name which you may send them here or privately via the reply to author option. Note that you may need to join the Google Group for you to use this option. If this option is not available at your end still, you may send it through our email (googleadsscr...@google.com) instead.

As a side note, if you're having trouble receiving private replies from us, please check your Spam folder. Additionally, please add the 'From address' on that email to your contact list to ensure we aren't flagged as Spam in future messages. If you don't see a message from us in your Spam folder, please email us directly at googleadsscr...@google.com referring to this forum thread.

Looking forward to your reply.

Mark Fiore

Sep 7, 2021, 9:36:44 AM9/7/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Harry,

I wouldn't mind if you took a look at the script we're firing but I will say it is just an exact copy of the script on Google page. The CID is 406-427-7060 and the script name is 'Account Auditor'. Any help would be appreciated.

As for questions about the template, yes I still have questions. As I've said previously I wouldn't mind a walkthrough. Please let me know how that would work.

Thanks!

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 8, 2021, 4:00:37 AM9/8/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

The Large Manager Hierarchy Template script guide should provide you enough insights on you can utilize it with the Account Auditor. An important of the integration here is that the template offers five functions or "hooks" that are called at specific times during each cycle. See Provide your core logic section of the script guide. If you have further questions, please let me know here.

On the other hand, checking on the issue with your Account Auditor script, adding a forDateRange in the conditions would not be possible as withCondition methods for entity selectors are not supported. Hence, you are running into errors. Please see Format for your reference.

Let me know your thoughts.