Improve TV Schedule Bid Coordination: toggle Ads status at Ad level (not campaign) by ad label

King

Sep 11, 2019, 10:49:03 AM9/11/19
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi all,

my goal would be, inside the same campaign, to apply tv schedule bid coordination, turn on specific ads and turn off other ones at HH:MM for n minutes.

Let's say the script runs at 11:00 AM.
Following Google examples, I'm already able to:
1) apply a schedule for the bid (see https://developers.google.com/google-ads/scripts/docs/solutions/tv-schedule) based on a Google Spreadsheet. For example:
   * 11:15 AM for 10 min
   * 11:40 AM for 15 min.
2) to modify ad statuses (paused/enabled) depending on their labels ONLY are runtime: at 11:00 AM. I would like to turn them on/off at 11:25 and 11:40 for 10 and 20 minutes respectively. Is it possible somehow?

Thank you!

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 11, 2019, 3:42:33 PM9/11/19
to adwords-scripts+apn2wqebzwsbksys...@googlegroups.com, adwords-scripts+apn2wqebzwsbksys...@googlegroups.co, adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi King,

The television script uses ad schedules, which can be set to run ads at specific times. However, as you can see in the documentation, the only valid minute entries are 0, 15, 30 and 45. Hence, this would not be possible for times, xy:25 or xy:40.

Regards,
Matt
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UHGRHz:ref

King

Sep 12, 2019, 3:49:58 AM9/12/19
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Matt,

thank you for your answer! Is really a pity, the limitation you are talking about...
By the way, if I proper schedule changes at 0, 15, 30 or 45 mins... Is there a way to apply status changes at the same scheduled minute to single ads, choicing ads to turn on/off based on their label?
In short: if I run the script at 11:00 and schedule bid modification for 11:30, how can I turn on/off specific ads at 11:30?

Thanks!

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 12, 2019, 3:30:52 PM9/12/19
to adwords-scripts+apn2wqebzwsbksys...@googlegroups.com, adwords-scripts+apn2wqebzwsbksys...@googlegroups.co, adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Ad schedules are unique to campaigns and are the only way to get quarter-hour precision, using scripts. So, this cannot be applied specifically to ads, ad groups, etc. Scripts can also only be scheduled at the top of every hour, and are guaranteed to run within that hour.

King

Sep 13, 2019, 6:09:11 AM9/13/19
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Ok, no chance to get it working via ad scripts :)
I'll look for other ways then!

Thank you!