Programmatic way to access Keyword Planner?

Christopher Larkin

Sep 3, 2019, 2:15:29 PM9/3/19
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi -

I recognize that accessing Keyword Planner could be done via some sort of automation tool, but I would not do that because it is against the ToS. It would help my workflow if I had some programmatic way of accessing the Keyword Planner, as my idea is to use Keyword Planner data to build a Mind Map (using an open source/custom JavaScript app that we wrote). Alternatively, I can simply export the data and read it into my JS app, but obviously being able to do this without many steps of intervention would be nice.

Is this possible with the exposed API? If not in JavaScript, in any other language?

Thank you -
Christopher

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor Prod

Sep 3, 2019, 5:50:19 PM9/3/19
to adwords-scripts+apn2wqefskufq04q...@googlegroups.com, adwords-scripts+apn2wqefskufq04q...@googlegroups.co, adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christopher,

Although scripts does not have anything similar to this, you might try asking in the AdWords API forum. This API page on generating targeting ideas may be of use as well.

Regards,
Matt
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UHFXkn:ref

Chris Larkin

Sep 3, 2019, 6:11:27 PM9/3/19
to Google Ads Scripts Forum on behalf of adsscriptsforumadvisor, adwords-scripts+apn2wqefskufq04q...@googlegroups.co, adwords-scripts+apn2wqefskufq04q...@googlegroups.com
Is that service an example of something not accessible via JavaScript entities?

Thanks much!

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups AdWords Scripts Forum group. Please do not reply to this email. To post to this group or unsubscribe please visit https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/community.
---

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor Prod

Sep 4, 2019, 10:26:19 AM9/4/19
to adwords...@googlegroups.com, adwords-scripts+apn2wqefskufq04q...@googlegroups.com, adwords-scripts+apn2wqefskufq04q...@googlegroups.co
Hi Christopher,

This forum only support Ads scripts. For more information on the technologies available in the API, please seek assistance in the API forum.

Thanks,

Christopher Larkin

Sep 4, 2019, 12:39:06 PM9/4/19
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Matt -

Ooops! Sorry about that. Thank you for the polite redirection.

I'll follow up in the proper forum.

Best regards,
Christopher