create negative placement using adwords script

Binary OptionsTrade

Mar 11, 2015, 6:01:55 AM3/11/15
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
is there any way to exclude placement using the adwords scripts?

I tried to use the placement builder and it manages to set some sort of flag that indicates
of the excluded placement modification but it doesn't actually save it !

the following example shows piece of my code which mark the placement 'http://www.rcb.co.il' as negative but as you'll see it doesn't included within the excludedPlacements list:

var adGroup = AdWordsApp.adGroups().withIds([10365971711]).get().next();
  var result = adGroup.display().newPlacementBuilder().withUrl('http://www.rcb.co.il').exclude().getResult();

  var excluded_placements = adGroup.display().excludedPlacements().get();
  while (excluded_placements.hasNext()) {
    var placement = excluded_placements.next();
    Logger.log(placement.getUrl());
 }

can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong ?!

thanks

Anash Oommen

Mar 11, 2015, 3:34:29 PM3/11/15
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The code works fine in run mode, but doesn't list the url in preview mode. I'll ask the team to look into this.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords Scripts Team.

Jared Mille

Oct 21, 2015, 1:30:15 PM10/21/15
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Hi there

I'm trying to run the same code and I'm getting a "Internal API error occurred" message for each placement excluded
The placement now exists in adGroup.display().excludedPlacements() however I'm afraid that the error is causing other issues

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Tyler Sidell (AdWords Scripts Team)

Oct 21, 2015, 4:38:01 PM10/21/15
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Hi Jared,

We have some documentation pertaining to setting up excluded placements that you may want to follow.  If you are still facing issues with the script, can you provide us with your CID (reply privately to the author) and the name of the script so that we can take a look further?

Thanks,
Tyler Sidell
AdWords Scripts Team

Tomasz Berliński

Nov 16, 2015, 4:09:56 PM11/16/15
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Hi Tyler,

I'm wondering did You find solution for Jared's problem. I have worked on something very similar but I had got just the very same problem code. Can You help my with this issue (exclusion placements for adgroup)?

Bests
Tomek

Tyler Sidell (AdWords Scripts Team)

Nov 16, 2015, 4:53:30 PM11/16/15
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Hi Tomasz,

This issue was resolved.  Can you supply your CID (reply privately to the author) along with your script name so that we can investigate the reason why you are still receiving this error?

Thanks,
Tyler Sidell
AdWords Scripts Team

arpit.a...@adglobal360.com

Feb 10, 2017, 9:13:52 AM2/10/17
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Is there any script where I can get Negative placements in drive.

Condition - Cost > 1000 and Conversions = 0 or CostPerAllConversions > 1000

Anthony Madrigal

Feb 10, 2017, 12:25:03 PM2/10/17
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Hello,

Since this is a new topic, would you mind creating a new thread with your issue?

Thanks,
Anthony
AdWords Scripts Team