Stopped checking URLs early because : Approached script execution time limit

Karima Ben Amri

Jul 23, 2021, 9:34:57 AM7/23/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,

We set up a script but we have this notification :

Stopped checking URLs early because: Approached script execution time limit

How can we resolve this problem ?

Thank you for your help

Karima

Ivan Adamovich

Jul 24, 2021, 4:02:43 PM7/24/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
either you have a lot of ads in your account (we are talking about thousands or more), or there is some kind of cycle in the script code that repeats endlessly.

пятница, 23 июля 2021 г. в 15:34:57 UTC+2, karimabe...@gmail.com:

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jul 25, 2021, 11:59:53 PM7/25/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karima,

Thanks for reaching out. Harry here, from the Google Ads Scripts Team.

For us to be able to assist you, kindly provide the script's name and your CID so that I could check this on our end and investigate what caused the issue. You may send them here or privately via the reply to author option. Note that you may need to join the Google Group for you to use this option. If this option is not available at your end still, you may send it through our email (googleadsscr...@google.com) instead.

@Ivan: Thank you for adding insights.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Harry Cliford Rivera
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2JD9rS:ref

Karima Ben Amri

Jul 26, 2021, 6:00:19 AM7/26/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your answer and help !

We have less than 4000 ads on the account ( actived or paused). I will check the script cycle ! @Ivan : thank you for this idea !

@Harry : i sent you an email with CID. Can you check my script please ?

Have both a great day,

Karima

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jul 27, 2021, 3:11:28 AM7/27/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karima,

Thanks for providing the requested information. The error states that the Link Checker script only stopped early because it approached script execution time limit, but it doesn't mean that the script will stop completely. Even if the script would stops because of the time limit, it will still continue with the cycle of checking URLs in next executions.

Some accounts may have a large number of URLs that cannot all be checked in a single run due to execution time limits or quotas. The script is designed to handle this case by tracking its progress over multiple runs and only checking URLs that it has not checked previously. The script uses the term "analysis" to refer to one full pass through all of your URLs, even if it takes multiple runs to complete.

Furthermore, I would recommend that you monitor the template spreadsheet output sheet and see results. On the other hand, if you encounter instances that your script stops to work as intended and fails due to execution time limits or other, then you can consider using the Larger-scale Link Checker instead.

Let me know if you have further question on this.