Account Summary Report script occurs to error

Jennifer

May 6, 2024, 4:56:08 AMMay 6
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
I copy the code from the link (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/scripts/docs/solutions/account-summary) and add it to my google ads. But it occurs to error when I preview it.  I just replace the spreadsheet url and don't change any other codes.  Here's the screenshot of the code and the error. Can you help me correct the script code?code.png
Account Summary Report.png

Google Ads Scripts Forum

May 7, 2024, 5:47:19 AMMay 7
to Google Ads Scripts Forum

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads Scripts support team.

Could you please confirm if you are using the same spreadsheet template that is available on the solutions page and have updated your email address in that sheet? If not, I would suggest you use the sample spreadsheet template on the same page and add your email address to it.

If you're still facing an error, kindly provide us with the following information so that we will be able to investigate this and guide you accordingly:

  • Google Ads account ID
  • Name of the affected script
  • Shareable spreadsheet link you are using in your script
  • If you are having difficulties sharing the file publicly, upload a download copy in the same thread

You can share the requested details via the Reply privately to the author option or a direct private reply to this email. If this option is not available at your end, you can send the details to our email (googleadsscr...@google.com) instead.

Thanks,
Google Ads Scripts team

Nils Rooijmans

Jun 4, 2024, 2:42:39 AMJun 4
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Please note that the only place where you need to modify the SPREADSHEET_URL is in the CONFIG at the top of the script;

CONFIG = {
  // URL of the default spreadsheet template. This should be a copy of
  // https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1_KjU9UI8EyWQCIE6xlxnUVaomEaHGJW-dgfkA15JhZY/copy
  'spreadsheet_url': 'YOUR_SPREADSHEET_URL',

If you modify the functions 'validateAndGetSpreadsheet' and/or 'validateEmailAddresses' the script will throw errors.

Hope this helps,

Nils Rooijmans
https://nilsrooijmans.com
See my Google Ads Scripts FAQ to avoid the same mistakes I made: https://nilsrooijmans.com/google-ads-scripts-faq/