What's the meaning of "Too many elements in the collection"

Visto 8.058 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Martijn Kraan

no leída,
6 sept 2018, 7:02:036/9/18
a AdWords Scripts Forum

Hi,

Is it know what does error message means? I can't find anything about it in the documentation.

Schermafbeelding 2018-09-06 om 12.57.48.png

Anthony Madrigal

no leída,
6 sept 2018, 15:36:096/9/18
a AdWords Scripts Forum
Hello,

It's possible that your scripts are going over certain limits. Can you verify that your script is staying within the limits outlined in the 'Scripts of AdWords Accounts' subsection? If you continue to have issues, please provide your CID and script name via reply privately to author

Thanks,
Anthony
AdWords Scripts Team

Gary Zaccaria

no leída,
11 sept 2018, 6:03:0611/9/18
a AdWords Scripts Forum
I have a similar problem with the error message "too many elements in the collection".  I have the recommendations to add site extensions and while trying to process the recommendations, it gives me the error message "too many elements in the collection", but no option to remove any of the elements.  The recommendations for the site extensions were provided by Google Ads so I'm just trying to apply the recommendations but get this error message.  How do I fix it so I can accept the recommendations?  Thanks, Gary

Anthony Madrigal

no leída,
11 sept 2018, 15:41:4511/9/18
a AdWords Scripts Forum
Hi Gary,

Similar to Martijn, you may be exceeding one of these limits. Please verify that you are within these limits and if you continue to have issues, please provide your CID and script name via reply privately to author.

Thanks,
Anthony
AdWords Scripts Team

Gary Zaccaria

no leída,
11 sept 2018, 23:31:4011/9/18
a AdWords Scripts Forum

Hello Anthony,

Thanks for responding.

My GoogleAds account is one of those beta testing "optimization recommendations".  I don't have to write any scripts.  The site extension recommendations is what is generating the error message about "too many elements in the collection".    I followed all of the steps.  I don't even have to create the site extension ad, just "pin" the elements that are included in the recommendation including headlines and descriptions.  However when I do that it just says "too many elements in the collection" when I click "apply" the recommendation.  I didn't add or pin too many elements.  I followed the exact steps of the recommendations.  Is it possible there is a glitch that the beta testing team needs to know about?  How do I correct the error?  There is no where on the page to delete any of the recommended elements.

Thanks, Gary

Martijn Kraan

no leída,
12 sept 2018, 2:46:4112/9/18
a AdWords Scripts Forum
Hi all,

In my case it was indeed a limit. However, not a limit described on the page which is mentioned. By trial & error I found out that on ad group level only 20 sitelinks are allowed. However, this includes both live and deleted sitelinks. Which is kind of weird because the deleted sitelinks don't exist anymore. So what I did was:

- Deleted sitelinks from Business Data section: "Main Sitelink feed"
- Removed sitelinks (although deleted) from the ad group (use "remove" button in the interface).

That fixed the error message when I ran the script again.

I guess the issue with deleted sitelinks still counting towards the limit is one of the many bugs in the new interface.

@Anthony; thanks for the support!

Anthony Madrigal

no leída,
12 sept 2018, 14:51:1812/9/18
a AdWords Scripts Forum
Hi Martijn,

I've confirmed the sitelink per ad group limit that you are seeing as well. I will reach out to the team about documenting this limit and will further investigate the issue you mentioned with deleted sitelinks counting towards the limit.

@Gary,
This forum is specifically for AdWords Scripts related issues. I would recommend reaching out to product support for assistance. If you have any Scripts related questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Anthony
AdWords Scripts Team

Gary Zaccaria

no leída,
12 sept 2018, 23:01:3612/9/18
a AdWords Scripts Forum
Thanks Anthony.

The team seems to have resolved the issue because today when I clicked the recommendations "apply" button, the error message did not display and the recommendation for sitelink extensions was applied successfully and the account was optimized.  -Gary

Anthony Madrigal

no leída,
13 sept 2018, 14:58:1513/9/18
a AdWords Scripts Forum
Hi Gary,

Glad to hear that the issue seems to be resolved. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Anthony
AdWords Scripts Team
Responder a todos