Empty Ad group script erros

Eveline Grosjean

May 16, 2023, 11:16:19 AM5/16/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,

I've installed this script to check for empty ad groups

in the past this used tu run fine, but now i'm getting errors (see screenshot)

does anybody know how this can be fixed?

Thanks!
Eveline

Empty ad groups script error.PNG

Nils Rooijmans

May 17, 2023, 2:46:40 AM5/17/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
this almost certainly has to do with the script being migrated to the new google ads script environment.
This new environment does not support the 'old'  adwords query language used by your script.
You can either change the script to be compatible with the new environment (requires new GAQL queries) or switch back to the old environment using the blue switch at the top right in the interface.

Hope this helps,

Nils Rooijmans
https://nilsrooijmans.com
See my Google Ads Scripts FAQ to avoid the same mistakes I made: https://nilsrooijmans.com/google-ads-scripts-faq/

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

May 17, 2023, 12:06:03 PM5/17/23
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nils,

I am from the Google Ads Scripts support team.

Thank you for providing some insights to this matter. This is truly appreciated.

@Eveline
You may check Nils' suggestion and see if this will address your issue. Also, you may refer to this Migration (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/scripts/docs/migration) guide and this Resource mappings (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/migration/mapping) guide for more information about this.

If this issue persists, you may send us privately the following information below:
Regards,
Google Logo Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2lIj67:ref

Eveline Grosjean

May 23, 2023, 6:08:54 AM5/23/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,

Thank you for your responses, indeed, it seems like the issue is because of the new ads experience. However, the resources regarding the migration are not clear / easy enough to help me translate it on my own. Do you have experience is this, who can help me?

Many thanks,
Eveline

Google Ads Scripts Forum

Jun 2, 2023, 8:40:50 AM6/2/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Eveline,

Unfortunately, our team would not be able to update/edit your scripts for you. What I can recommend is to reach out to someone on your team with knowledge in programming. In addition to our previously provided documents, you may use our Query Migration Tool - (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/scripts/docs/reference/query-migration-tool) to translate AWQL(old) queries into GAQL(new) queries.

However, if you've already updated your script but the issue persists, kindly provide the information we had previously requested.

Regards,
Google Ads Scripts Team