migration to 2.1 Content API for Shopping

Petra Manos

Sep 2, 2021, 8:07:13 PM9/2/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum

Hi, the Google Ads script still doesn't specify which API the shopping content uses.

It doesn't provide any more info if I switch the script to Beta.

Body4Life-Google-Ads.png

Can anyone please supply information regarding if / when Google Ads script is migrating to API 2.1 as all my clients are starting to get emails warning us about the use of API 2.0 and I find it frustrating as I can't control the API in Google Ads script.

Best wishes,

Petra Manos

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 3, 2021, 4:04:39 AM9/3/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Petra,

Thanks for reaching out. Harry here, from the Google Ads Scripts Team.

I would like to let you know that the Google Apps Script & Google Ads scripts now support Content API v2.1 by default since July 29, 2021. Are still having issues or encounter errors with using the Shopping Content Service in Google Ads Scripts? Please feel free to check out the Migrating from Content API v2 to v2.1 guide.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Harry Cliford Rivera
Google Ads Scripts Team