Get to the Assets data for RDAs/RSAs via code?

Christopher Larkin

May 22, 2020, 2:32:38 PM5/22/20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi -

Is there a programmatic way to better understand the performance of the responsive ad formats? I'm looking to access the data showing in the attached screenshot.

I understand how to create RSAs and RDAs via the API but I can't find out to get performance information for the specific headlines and descriptions, or long descriptions in the case of an RDA, for example.

Thanks in advance for reading/replying -
Chris

Getting RDA and RSA asset performance data Pasted_Image_5_22_2020__1_27_PM.jpg

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

May 22, 2020, 3:58:58 PM5/22/20
to adwords-scripts+apn2wqefskufq04q...@googlegroups.com, adwords-scripts+apn2wqefskufq04q...@googlegroups.co, adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

This is not directly supported in scripts. However, it is available in the API, and accessible through reports with scripts. Specifically, the MultiAssetResponsiveDisplayAdDescriptions attribute in the ad performance report contains the performance label. For example,

//Example from API page referenced above:
[
  {
    "assetText":"Visit the planet in a luxury spaceship.",
    "assetId":1234,
    "assetPerformanceLabel":"PENDING",
    "assetApprovalStatus":"UNDER_REVIEW"
  },
  {
    "assetText":"See the planet in style.",
    "assetId":5678,
    "assetPerformanceLabel":"PENDING",
    "assetApprovalStatus":"UNDER_REVIEW"
  }
]

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Matt
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1zrN7s:ref

Christopher Larkin

May 22, 2020, 7:26:04 PM5/22/20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi -

I don't think I understand. Is this also available for RSAs? Would the label be 'good' or something like this normally?

Can I pull this via AWQL? If not, is there a language that would get me to the API in a similar manner? I don't think there is a node.js library that. is officially supported, right?

Thanks!
Chris

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

May 25, 2020, 10:22:17 PM5/25/20
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

My apologies for the confusion.

Could you confirm if my understanding is correct that you want to get the performance of asset of your RDA and RSA? If yes, I am afraid that it is currently not possible to get this using script and AWQL report. What is currently possible is to get the metrics/data accumulated at ads level (RDA and RSA) using Ad Performance Report.

However, I will raise a feature request to our team so that retrieving the performance of assets will become possible on the reporting.

Please continue to follow our blog to receive updates and new releases.

Regards,
Ejay