Script to update Headline3 of Expeanded Text Ads

Octane Digital PPC

Sep 17, 2019, 7:44:06 PM9/17/19
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to update Headline3 of Expended text Ads using Script. If yes, Can someone help with the code ?

Thanks,
Jyoti

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 17, 2019, 11:39:04 PM9/17/19
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jyoti,

Thanks for posting your concern.

I am afraid that it is currently not possible to update the headline 3 of the expanded text ads. For now, you can only retrieve its data by using getHeadlinePart3() method. Also, you can only create an expanded text ads with the headline 3 using its ad builder.

As a workaround, you can use the Bulk Upload as it could be used to create, edit or delete campaigns, ad groups, keywords and text ads. Furthermore, you can upload the bulk upload by using this sample codes.

Let me know if you have questions with the provided suggestion.

Regards,
Ejay
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UHH8V4:ref

Sigurd

Sep 26, 2019, 9:18:04 AM9/26/19
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
You can with script/bulk uploads, but I wouldn't do it.

It will re-write your ads - so  your stats will be reset and it'll require a new ad review before the ads can run.

Better (and simpler) to use an ad customiser feed. You can find that in the business data section in Google ads. You can schedule it to fetch data from a google sheet at specified intervals

  sigurd