Price extension issue with price of 0€ and extension approval status

Peter Humps

Apr 19, 2021, 5:04:18 AM4/19/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to add a script which adds and updates prices once a day. Here are the issues I have:

  1. One of the prices is 0 as it's a trial version. The script throws an error when using withAmount(0.0). Is there a possibility to add a price of 0?
    When the price extension is edit manually, the price can be set to 0:
    price-zero.jpg
  2. Is there a possibility to update a price extension? When the script runs, it fetches the new prices and then the price extension should be updated or if not possible removed and a new one should get added.
  3. The issue with removing and adding a new price extension has the consequence that a new price extension has to be approved. But I didn't see a way to fetch the status of price extension with the script.
    In order to always have a approved price extension as long as a new price extension is not approved, I'd need to check the status of all extensions.

Any kind of help and ideas are very welcome.

Here's the part of the script for the free trial product and adding the price extension.

  var priceFreeTrial = priceItemBuilder.withHeader('Free trial')
  .withDescription('Free Trial available')
//.withAmount(0)
  .withCurrencyCode('EUR')
  .withUnitType('NONE')
  .withFinalUrl('URL_TO_PRODUCT')
  .withMobileFinalUrl('URL_TO_PRODUCT')
  .build()
  .getResult();

  var priceBuilder = AdsApp.extensions().newPriceBuilder();
  var price = priceBuilder.withPriceType('PRODUCT_CATEGORIES')
      .withLanguage('EN')
      .addPriceItem(priceFreeTrial)
      .build()
      .getResult();

Best regards
Peter

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Apr 19, 2021, 6:21:48 AM4/19/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Allow me to assist you on this and address your questions one by one.
  1. I have tested this on our end and it does seem that the price amount should be 1 at the very least. However, if this would not be viable for your testing, I'll bring this up to the rest of the team if you would insist as I do also understand that it would be to much of a hassle setting it to 0 manually.
  2. It does not seem that a set method to change the amount of price items is currently supported. Please see PriceItem for you reference. If you would like, I can raise this as well on your behalf for a possible feature, but will not be guaranteed to be supported anytime soon in the Google Ads Scripts.
  3. The Approval Status for Price Extension does not seem to be supported also. I'll add this along to the feature request upon your confirmation.
On the other hand, as this might a bit difficult run via scripts, can I interest you in managing your Price Extensions through the U instead? You can add or edit price extensions in bulk.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Harry Cliford Rivera