Expanded Text Ads

Michał Ciesla

Sep 17, 2021, 7:27:28 AM9/17/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,

On 30.06.2021 Google is planing to stop supporting Expadnde Text Ads.
My question: is it possible now to ad Responsive Text Ads via bulk upload?

Best,
Michał

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 19, 2021, 10:27:35 PM9/19/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michal,

Thanks for reaching out. Harry here, from the Google Ads Scripts Team.

While responsive search ads are already supported, bulk uploading them through scripts is currently not offered. Please see Ads - Bulk upload - supported entities for your reference. However, if you would like, I can put in a feature request for you but would have no guarantee that it will be supported anytime soon. Kindly let me know if you would like to proceed with such request and provide a sample use case or justification. On the other hand, I believe manually bulk uploading responsive search ads are already supported through the Google Ads UI. You can reach out to the Google Ads Product Team through this link to learn more about it.

Let me know your thoughts or if you have further questions.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Harry Cliford Rivera
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NV1sx:ref

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 19, 2021, 10:28:40 PM9/19/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michal,

As a side note, if you're having trouble receiving replies from us, please check your Spam folder. Additionally, please add the 'From address' on that email to your contact list to ensure we aren't flagged as Spam in future messages. If you don't see a message from us in your Spam folder, please email us directly at googleadsscr...@google.com referring to this forum thread.

Michał Ciesla

Sep 20, 2021, 7:49:10 AM9/20/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Harry,

I would like to proceed with such request.
Sample use case/justification - adding automaticly SPAG structure based on search queries from Product Campaigns. The best adjustement of ads, image extensions to queries.

Best,
Michał

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 20, 2021, 11:58:03 PM9/20/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michal,

Thanks for confirming. Would you be able to explain further on the sample use case you provided (Eg. automatically adding SPAG structure) in relation to the use of bulk uploading responsive search ads through Google Ads Scripts? This is so I can provide and present concise details upon filing the request for you.

Looking forward to your reply.

Michał Ciesla

Sep 21, 2021, 8:03:28 AM9/21/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,

currently:
1) I use google analytics add-on to sheets to export search query terms into this sheet (from Google Ads Shopping Campaings).
2) I define 3 sheets: Ad Groups, Ads, Keywords with data based (from point above) and other needed data.
3)I create script uploading: Ad Groups, Ads (ETA) and Keywords on Google Ads Account (one search query =one ad group).
This activity is looping by refreshing (hourly) sheets and script.

Is it enough specified for You?

Best,
Michał

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 21, 2021, 11:25:49 PM9/21/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michal,

Thank you for your cooperation here. I have now raised the request to the rest of the team for consideration. Just to reiterate, kindly take note that there is no guarantee that this will be supported in the Google Ads Scripts anytime soon. Please follow our blog for updates and new releases in the meantime.