Script issues

Shashank Tiwari

May 5, 2022, 3:21:52 AM5/5/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hey team,

Came across 2 errors as follows:

1. In new experience, removeLabel() isn't working. It doesn't throw an error but doesn't remove the label either. the same works in old experience.

2. campaign.extensions().sitelinks().get() --> this isn't returning any sitelinks in old experience. the same campaign returns sitelinks when executed in new experience.

Can you give an estimate for the 1st issue as to when can that be expected to be resolved, and if 2 is now expected as it doesn't let you fetch sitelinks in old experience anymore.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Shashank

Shashank Tiwari

May 5, 2022, 4:55:02 AM5/5/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Following up,

Will there be an instance where Old Experience code will just not work?
The AdWords API  will be sunset, and new Google Ads API isn't fully supported except for reports.

Will the old Experience be compatible with new Google Ads API too?
Else the AdWords API should be supported as long as the old experience is available.

Can you please confirm these?

Thanks!

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

May 10, 2022, 1:54:27 AM5/10/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hello Shashank,

I’m James, a member of the Google Ads scripts support team. Thank you for raising your concern to us.

Regarding your concern #1, I would like to inform you that we are already aware of the ongoing issue with the removeLabel method and we are working closely to resolve this issue. I'm afraid that I cannot share any specific timeline but we appreciate your continued patience on this. Rest assured we will update this thread once we have received any feedback from them.

Regarding your concern #2, can you please provide us with the following details below via the ‘Reply privately to author’ option so that we can further check?

  • Google Ads account ID / CID
  • Name of the affected script
  • Screenshot of the issue

On the other hand, to answer your follow up questions, according to our blog, all new scripts will default to the new scripts experience, although you can still disable it on a script by script basis if necessary (by toggling off the new experience option in the script interface). Existing scripts(legacy version) won't be affected until September of 2022. After that, we will migrate all scripts to the new experience. That being said, it is indeed that Adwords API should work as long as the legacy version is available. Take note that the new script experience is now based on the infrastructure of Google Ads API.

You should manually move your scripts over to the new experience before then to ensure continued functionality. We've tried to implement backwards compatibility, but we can't guarantee every script will work without changes, so definitely take some time to confirm yourself. You may refer to this migration guide for more details.

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2aQhTR:ref

DB

Jun 12, 2022, 2:28:15 AM6/12/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Guys

Joining in to the fix request on this one (removeLabel isn't working) , Its a major blocker for us

Thanks!!

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 13, 2022, 1:06:46 AM6/13/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know that you are also experiencing the same issue. I believe that our internal team is continuously working on this issue. No significant updates yet to be shared with, however I assure you that someone from our team will keep this thread posted for any updates.

Regards,

DB

Jun 23, 2022, 7:51:50 AM6/23/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Guys

Any updates on this one?

Thanks

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 24, 2022, 2:17:57 AM6/24/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I’m afraid that there are no updates yet regarding this issue. However, I assure that our team is continuously into this and will get back to you with an update. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 24, 2022, 2:20:16 AM6/24/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I’m afraid that there are no updates yet regarding this issue. However, I assure that our team is continuously working into this and will get back to you with an update. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Peter Valenta

Jun 29, 2022, 6:01:17 PM6/29/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
1. removeLabel() works for me in the new experience, but only after labels() selector is called for the same entity. So try

let adLabelSelector = ad.labels();
ad.removeLabel(name);

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 30, 2022, 1:59:51 AM6/30/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hello Peter,

We appreciate your effort sharing your insights here. Your suggestion seems to be a helpful alternative. However, for now we cannot further comment because our internal team is currently investigating the underlying issues with removeLabel method.

On the other hand, I observed that you already created a separate thread in our forum which also discusses the same subject. That said, it’s best if we continue our discussion on that thread for better tracking of your concern. Also, rest assured that we will update this thread and the separate thread that you originally created for any feedback that we have received from our internal team.

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cEhLJ:ref

Aaron Weiner

Jul 7, 2022, 1:17:45 AM7/7/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
I'm seeing the same thing with keywords.

This will not work:
var keywords = AdsApp.keywords().withIds(KeywordIDs).get();

while (keywords.hasNext()) {
  var keyword = keywords.next();

  keyword.removeLabel(MY_LABEL_NAME); //Remove the label.
}

This does work:
var keywords = AdsApp.keywords().withIds(KeywordIDs).get();

while (keywords.hasNext()) {
  var keyword = keywords.next();
  let keywordLabelSelector = keyword.labels();

  keyword.removeLabel(MY_LABEL_NAME); //Remove the label.
}

Aaron

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jul 7, 2022, 4:51:42 AM7/7/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for chiming in and sharing that you’re also experiencing the same issue with removeLabel method but in your case you’re using it through keyword entity.

Upon checking internally, this issue with removeLabel method is still under investigation. However, I will forward your use case to our internal team so that we can also include it in our investigation. Rest assured that we will keep this thread posted for any updates.

Regards,

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jul 14, 2022, 5:33:18 AM7/14/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience on this. I would like to inform you that the issue with removeLabel method is now resolved. Having said that, can you please try it on your end, and let me know if the issue still persists?

Regards,

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jul 14, 2022, 5:38:06 AM7/14/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

We appreciate your patience on this. I would like to inform you that the issue with removeLabel method is now resolved. Having said that, can you please try it on your end, and let me know if the issue still persists?

Shashank Tiwari

Jul 14, 2022, 11:39:37 PM7/14/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum on behalf of adsscripts
That's great.

Thanks for letting us know. Will test it out and let you know if there's any issues.

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups AdWords Scripts Forum group. Please do not reply to this email. To post to this group or unsubscribe please visit https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/community.
---

--
Email header
Company logo

DB

Jul 17, 2022, 8:08:29 AM7/17/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Google Ads team

I just tried out the removeLabel and it still does NOT work or me.
(campaign.removeLabel(LABEL_NAME))

Thanks

Message has been deleted

Peter Valenta

Jul 17, 2022, 8:16:07 AM7/17/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
try this:

let temporaryLabelIteratorThatWillNeverBeUsed = campaign.labels().get();
campaign.removeLabel(LABEL_NAME);

DB

Jul 18, 2022, 1:35:07 AM7/18/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Thanks Peter !!

Your workaround works

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jul 18, 2022, 3:27:01 AM7/18/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience. Our team is continuously working to fix this issue on the campaign level. Rest assured that we will update this thread once I receive feedback from our internal team.

@Peter - We appreciate your effort for sharing alternative solutions for this issue.

Regards,

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Aug 11, 2022, 5:02:20 AM8/11/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

This is Yasmin from the Google Ads Scripts team, I hope you're doing well.

I got word from the team that this issue has been fixed. Please let us know in the event that you would still encounter anything otherwise.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle