Script Error: API call to bigquery.jobs.insert failed with error: Empty response

Katy Alger

Sep 3, 2021, 6:18:29 AM9/3/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,

I am getting the error 'API call to bigquery.jobs.insert failed with error: Empty response'.
I have not made any changes to my script and it was working consistently until around 2 weeks ago. Some of the data loads into BigQuery, but not all.

Please can you explain why this error is occurring and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
Katy

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 6, 2021, 2:50:38 AM9/6/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Katy,

Thanks for reaching out. Harry here, from the Google Ads Scripts Team.

Kindly provide your Google Ads account ID and script's name so I can take a look closer at the issue you are encountering. You may send them here or privately via the reply to author option. Note that you may need to join the Google Group for you to use this option. If this option is not available at your end still, you may send it through our email (googleadsscr...@google.com) instead.

As a side note, if you're having trouble receiving private replies from us, please check your Spam folder. Additionally, please add the 'From address' on that email to your contact list to ensure we aren't flagged as Spam in future messages. If you don't see a message from us in your Spam folder, please email us directly at googleadsscr...@google.com referring to this forum thread.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Harry Cliford Rivera
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2MlGJN:ref

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 7, 2021, 5:07:32 AM9/7/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Katy,

Thanks for coming back and providing the requested details. Unfortunately, I would not be able to guide you on resolving the BigQuery related error you are encountering as our team have no expertise in this regard nor platform access to troubleshoot the issue. I would highly recommend that you reach out to Google Cloud BigQuery Support through this link or the Google App Script Team/Community through this link.

If you other questions/concerns specific to Google Ads scripts, please let me know.

Katy Alger

Sep 7, 2021, 6:53:13 AM9/7/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,

I will try the above - thanks. However, the job looks like it is working correctly from the BigQuery side, I believe the issue is with the Google script, as that it where we are getting the errors. Please could you take another look?

Thanks,
Katy

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 8, 2021, 2:30:53 AM9/8/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Katy,

Thanks for informing me that the same is working on the BigQuery side but as much as I want to assist you further here, I believe it is best to reach out to the Google App Script Team/Community through this link. They would have more insights to provide on why you are encountering the issue at hand and what you can do to resolve it. On the other hand, I checked on the issue which I am listing below but could not think of any reason why it would fail other than the error says so.

'API call to bigquery.jobs.insert failed with error: Empty response (file Code.gs, line 86)'

Nevertheless, I would recommend that to you kindly check if the argument values you pass through the insert method are correct or write a try catch block on where you call the insert method to somehow get a more meaningful error response if available. I would also suggest to make a new copy of the script to refresh authorization and execution.

Hope this helps. Let me know how I can assist you further.