Ad can not be created "Phone number in ad text"

sascha....@teufel.de

Sep 7, 2021, 7:16:37 AM9/7/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi everyone,

I have a problem creating ads using a script. The headline includes a price of "€ 169.99".
I get Phone number in ad text as an error. Is there a way to create the ad despite errors?
Why doesn't Google recognize that it's a price and not a phone number.

Best Regards
Sascha

Sigurd Fabrin

Sep 7, 2021, 8:09:00 AM9/7/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
There's not much you can do about it other than hope Google's policy filter will improve someday in the future.

Btw: you should consider using Ad Customizers instead of hardcoding prices https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/6072565?hl=en
..incidentally that will also fix your ad policy issue

 sigurd

sascha....@teufel.de

Sep 7, 2021, 8:14:08 AM9/7/21
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Sigurd,

thank you for the information.
I'll check with the Ad Customizer.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 8, 2021, 2:46:50 AM9/8/21
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sascha,

Thanks for reaching out. Harry here, from the Google Ads Scripts Team.

Allow me to assist you here as well. Can you kindly provide your Google Ads account ID and script's name so I can check on the issue you are encountering and guide you accordingly? You may send them here or privately via the reply to author option. Note that you may need to join the Google Group for you to use this option. If this option is not available at your end still, you may send it through our email (googleadsscr...@google.com) instead.

@Sigurd: Thank you for providing your insights here. I do agree that Ad Customizers is the best way to go about dynamic values for ExpandedTextAds.

As a side note for Google Ads scripts community, if you're having trouble receiving private replies from us, please check your Spam folder. Additionally, please add the 'From address' on that email to your contact list to ensure we aren't flagged as Spam in future messages. If you don't see a message from us in your Spam folder, please email us directly at googleadsscr...@google.com referring to this forum thread.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Harry Cliford Rivera