RE: not getting conversion action data for months

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jun 10, 2024, 12:31:27 AMJun 10
to hashcr...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

Please be informed that I have removed your response from the forums as it contains the PII information.

I understand that you're getting an empty response when querying the conversion_action report. I have tried to replicate the issue from my end using the customer ID '7731521629' and I got a successful run on the query and results are returned. Kindly see the below query with the minor changes:
SELECT conversion_action.id, conversion_action.name, metrics.all_conversions, metrics.all_conversions_value, conversion_action.category FROM conversion_action WHERE segments.date = '2024-05-01'
Also, I would suggest you use the Query Builder to build your query and Query Validator to validate your query.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further queries.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJG3i:ref" (ADR-00239033)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Hashcrypt Devs

Jun 10, 2024, 1:25:14 AMJun 10
to Google Ads API Forum Advisor, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am able to get the records based on your given query. But I want records based on "segments.month =  '2024-05-01'" on the where clause instead of "segments.date = '2024-05-01'".

I'm getting empty records when I'm using the below query.

SELECT conversion_action.id, conversion_action.name, metrics.all_conversions, metrics.all_conversions_value, conversion_action.category FROM conversion_action WHERE segments.month = '2024-05-01'

Please provide an appropriate solution for this issue.

Thanks

Message has been deleted

Hashcrypt Devs

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jun 10, 2024, 1:36:28 PMJun 10
to hashcr...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have raised your concern with the rest of our team and one of my teammates will reach out to you once we have an update.

Hashcrypt Devs

Jun 11, 2024, 1:08:52 AMJun 11
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Thank you for the response. Please let us know once you receive an update.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jun 12, 2024, 10:46:02 AMJun 12
to hashcr...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

According to the guide, rows whose selected metrics are all zero won't be returned. In the examples provided, it seems that when filtering by month, it is inline with the guide, since all metrics are zero. When filtering by date, though all metrics are zero, they are still included in the response.

I will work with the corresponding team to resolve this issue and get back. Thanks!

Hashcrypt Devs

Jun 13, 2024, 2:36:16 AMJun 13
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Okay Thanks

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 1, 2024, 12:42:10 PM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to hashcr...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your patience with this issue. According to the update we just received from the according team, there won't be a fix for this issue in the near future due to the complexity of the root cause and the effort it takes to fix. We recommend taking a workaround to manually filter out rows with all metrics that are zero.

In the meantime, we will keep an eye on the issue, and provide an update once there is any change. Thanks for your understanding.