Google LSA Call Recording 500 Response

Julius Decena

Mar 18, 2024, 10:45:24 AMMar 18
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Good day,

We've recently integrated LSA call recordings into our system. We've noticed that we're receiving 500 Internal Server Error responses for some of the LSA call recording URLs. Could you please confirm if this is an expected response for these URLs, or if there might be something happening on your end causing these errors?

Please let us know if you need any information from our end to assist in resolving this issue.

The call recording in question is from local_services_lead_conversation resource.

Best regards,
Julius Decena

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Mar 18, 2024, 3:45:58 PMMar 18
to jul...@surefirelocal.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

By reviewing your concern, I understand that you are getting 'INTERNAL_ERROR' with status code 500 while using Local Service Ads call recording URLs. Kindly note that the INTERNAL_ERROR occurs when something unexpected happens while processing the request. The common cause could be the API isn't functioning correctly. However, this is transient in nature and the API request will work again when retrying it after 30 seconds or some time. You may also retry any requests that failed with this error, using an exponential backoff schedule for the retries. Here is a code example demonstrating how to implement an exponential back off strategy.

If the issue still persists, then provide us with the below information, so that we can investigate this issue further.
  • Affected Customer Id
  • Date of this issue started
  • How much time did you wait before retry of a request

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02s01O1:ref" (ADR-00227692)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Julius Decena

Mar 18, 2024, 4:08:59 PMMar 18
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I understand that an 'INTERNAL_ERROR' could be transient in nature, but it doesn't appear to be the case here. We're able to retrieve other call recordings fine, but not the others.

Here's one instance:
  • 2307495627
  • creationDateTime: 2024-03-05 12:54:19.236424
  • We've tried several times in a span of days
Note that this occurs in multiple customers/ad accounts. I can provide more if needed

Best regards,
Julius Decena

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Mar 19, 2024, 5:32:27 AMMar 19
to jul...@surefirelocal.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to inform you that our team is currently working on this issue. One of our teammates will get back to you once we have an update on this. Meanwhile your patience is appreciated.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Mar 19, 2024, 8:03:10 AMMar 19
to jul...@surefirelocal.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

This case has been escalated to me.

Can you provide a specific example request/response where you get this error, or at least a request ID for a request where you got this error, so I can take a look at our logs and try to see if I can find any more details about what caused the internal error?

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02s01O1:ref" (ADR-00227692)

Thanks,

Google Logo
Michael Cloonan
Google Ads API Team

Julius Decena

Mar 19, 2024, 9:01:39 AMMar 19
to Google Ads API Forum Advisor, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Mar 19, 2024, 1:23:34 PMMar 19
to jul...@surefirelocal.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Are you using the Google Ads API for this? My team is only able to provide support for the Google Ads API specifically (generally troubleshooting errors with specific requests/responses to the API).

If your query is about a Google Ads feature in general, not specific to the API, you can get help here: https://support.google.com/google-ads/gethelp

Julius Decena

Mar 19, 2024, 2:52:53 PMMar 19
to Google Ads API Forum Advisor, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Yes, I am using Google Ads API. The URLs I provided are call recording URL from this query:

SELECT
   local_services_lead_conversation.phone_call_details.call_recording_url
FROM
   local_services_lead_conversation

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Mar 20, 2024, 8:12:53 AMMar 20
to jul...@surefirelocal.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for this context. I think I finally understand what's going on here. You provided a few URLs previously that were failing. Can you provide me with the corresponding customer ID for each of those URLs (since you said that they were from a variety) so that I can pass the information along to a team that specializes in this feature and try to understand what may be going wrong?

Julius Decena

Mar 20, 2024, 8:23:11 AMMar 20
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Mar 20, 2024, 8:50:40 AMMar 20
to jul...@surefirelocal.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you. I've passed this information along so that someone who knows about this feature specifically can take a look. I will keep an eye on their progress and let you know as soon as I have any new information to share.

Julius Decena

Mar 20, 2024, 9:27:04 AMMar 20
to Google Ads API Forum Advisor, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I appreciate your assistance in this matter, look forward to hearing from you.

Julius Decena

Mar 25, 2024, 9:28:28 AMMar 25
to Google Ads API Forum Advisor, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

Just following up on this and would like to know if there has been any update regarding this matter. Thank you

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Mar 25, 2024, 12:50:29 PMMar 25
to jul...@surefirelocal.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I haven't heard anything yet. I'll keep an eye on the team's progress and let you know as soon as I have some information to share.

Julius Decena

Apr 8, 2024, 9:13:55 AMApr 8
to Google Ads API Forum Advisor, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I wanted to follow up again on the ongoing issue we discussed regarding the 500 errors we've encountered with some of the LSA lead call recording URLs.

I appreciate your effort in monitoring the progress. As it has been some time since our last communication, I wanted to inquire if there have been any developments or updates on this matter.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Apr 8, 2024, 2:11:49 PMApr 8
to jul...@surefirelocal.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

They got back to me already. Apparently, to fix this issue we need to wait for the next release of the API, which will be v16_1. You should follow our blog and look out for the official release announcement.

Julius Decena

Apr 8, 2024, 4:18:35 PMApr 8
to Google Ads API Forum Advisor, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

That's good to hear, I appreciate your help on this matter.

Julius Decena

May 9, 2024, 7:33:03 PMMay 9
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to bring to your attention that API version 16.1 has been released. However, upon reviewing the release notes, I didn't find any mention of the LSA Call Recording 500 response issue being addressed.

Additionally, I conducted some tests and found that call recordings URLs that result in a 500 response are still being returned. It's worth noting that we're not using any client libraries, but directly accessing the REST API.

Could you please confirm if, despite the latest version being v16.1, the URL should still use v16 (e.g., https://googleads.googleapis.com/v16/...), as using v16.1 or v16_1 results in a 404 Not Found response?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 10, 2024, 8:06:23 AMMay 10
to jul...@surefirelocal.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm checking with the team on the status of this fix. I know it was planned for v16_1 but it's not clear whether it actually made that release. I'll let you know when I find out.

Also, for additive minor releases like v16_1, the API version remains v16 for actual requests and other important endpoints, and the distinction of the minor version is just for the sake of keeping track of which features were added after the initial v16 release in the documentation. So the URL should be unaffected.

Julius Decena

May 10, 2024, 7:54:55 PMMay 10
to Google Ads API Forum Advisor, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate your assistance on this matter. Looking forward to your response once you have more information.

Julius Decena

May 22, 2024, 8:35:06 PMMay 22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I'm writing to see if there are any updates on the matter we discussed regarding the LSA call recording issue.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 23, 2024, 8:59:58 AMMay 23
to jul...@surefirelocal.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I haven't heard anything yet. I'm reaching out again for any updates, and I'll let you know when I get any information I can share.

Julius Decena

Jun 26, 2024, 1:04:39 PMJun 26
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello,

It's been quite some time since our last communication regarding the LSA call recording issue. We are still encountering 500 responses when accessing call recordings.

I noticed that version 17 of your API has been released. However, there is no mention in the release notes about whether the 500 response issue for LSA call recordings has been addressed. Could you please confirm if this issue has been resolved in the latest version?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jun 26, 2024, 1:30:19 PMJun 26
to jul...@surefirelocal.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Can you provide a few new examples of failures? The team is trying to investigate but wasn't able to reproduce with the previous examples you gave.