Request had insufficient authentication scopes

Nikita Nikita

Feb 6, 2022, 9:31:26 PM2/6/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello! I searched through the forum but couldn't find the answer that suits me :(

I'm trying to create a python-script that will collect data from my ADs account
The issue is typical "grpc_message":"Request had insufficient authentication scopes."

I got my developer token approved recently, my account connected directly to the ADs-account as admin, also I linked and approved my ad account to my manager account.
In Cloud Platform GoogleAdsAPI is Enabled, I followed the instruction at https://developers.google.com/ and created google-ads.yaml file and filled it with my developer token, client_id, client_secret and refresh_token.Token is working fine with googledocAPI, so its fine. As my login_customer_id in .yaml I set my manager customer_id without “-”

And still i can’t run any of examples from https://github.com/googleads/google-ads-python/
Like list_accessible_customers.py Request had insufficient authentication scopes error says.

What did I do wrong?)
Can you help me?)

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Feb 7, 2022, 4:23:48 AM2/7/22
to nik...@ultima.school, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Ads API Forum.

Could you provide us with the complete request and response logs with the request-id, so our team can better check?

For the Python client library, logging can be enabled by navigating to the Client libraries > Your client library (Select Python) > Logging documentation, which you can access from this link. You may then send the requested information via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias instead.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team