OperationAccessDenied.MUTATE_ACTION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_CLIENT for advertisingChannelSubType

hüseyin Armağan

Feb 3, 2020, 5:11:40 PM2/3/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi All,

When I try to create campaign   {"advertisingChannelType": "DISPLAY", "advertisingChannelSubType": "DISPLAY_EXPRESS",} , the api throw exception which is 'OperationAccessDenied.MUTATE_ACTION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_CLIENT @ operations[0].operand.advertisingChannelSubType]', 'requestId': '00059db2916fdc8002ab42e499052e9a' .

In addition I have same error when I am trying 'DISPLAY_SMART_CAMPAIGN' sub channeltype as well !

Does the advertisingChannelSubType has restrictions ?

Regeards.

Hüseyin.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 4, 2020, 1:31:39 PM2/4/20
to huseyin...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. With regards to your concern, Express campaigns are not supported in the AdWords API. The creation and modifications of these campaigns will need to be done via the Google Ads UI. Please refer to this blog post for more details related to this. For your other concern, please refer to this guide for creating the Display Smart Campaigns via API by following the process demonstrated in the Add campaigns code example, but with the following changes listed in the guide and let me know if you are still having any issues.

Regards,
Nikisha Patel, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UUzy4g:ref

hüseyin Armağan

Feb 5, 2020, 3:35:56 AM2/5/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Nikisha,

Thank you for kindly explanation .

 I checked the Display Smart Campaigns but it does not work, I can create DISPLAY campaign but can not create subchannel type 'DISPLAY_SMART_CAMPAIGN' !! You can find at below my input. Would you check and what is the problem ? I am still thinking there is a restriction about SMART_CAMPAING.

{
    "name": "Google Gmail Campaign 4",
    "advertisingChannelType": "DISPLAY",
    "advertisingChannelSubType": "DISPLAY_SMART_CAMPAIGN",
    "status": "ACTIVE",
    "startDate": "2020-03-01",
    "endDate": "2020-03-30",
    "budget": {
        "budgetId": 6791646669
    },
    "biddingStrategyConfiguration": {
        "biddingScheme": {
            "xsi_type": "TargetCpaBiddingScheme",
            "targetCpa": {
                  "microAmount": "100000"
              }
        },
        "biddingStrategyType": "TARGET_CPA"
    }
}

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 5, 2020, 12:58:29 PM2/5/20
to huseyin...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the code snippet. Could you please share the complete request and response logs along with the client customer id for further investigation? Also, could you please confirm if you meet the requirement for using Smart Display Campaign which is to have at least 50 conversion for the last 30 days as mentioned in this article?

P.S. Please use Reply privately to author option while sharing the details.