Is the Auction Insights data available via API?

Tat Angwattanapanich

Oct 16, 2015, 9:03:43 AM10/16/15
to AdWords API Forum
I know that the auction insights data is available on the adwords interface, but can we pull out the report by using the API or not?

If not, when will this be available?

Anthony Madrigal

Oct 16, 2015, 10:12:00 AM10/16/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tat,

The Auction Insights Report is currently not available through AdWords API. We currently do not have any plans of adding this in the near future.

Please check our blog for any announcements regarding this.

Cheers,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

Akiko Matsuzawa

Jun 20, 2016, 2:21:53 AM6/20/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Anthony,

Do you have any update with this?

Akiko

Anthony Madrigal

Jun 20, 2016, 1:10:42 PM6/20/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Akiko,

This report is still not available through the API.

In the future, please create a new thread when posting questions.

Thanks,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

adwordstraini...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2017, 5:03:49 PM9/28/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi ! any updates for 2017? is it available now?

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 28, 2017, 5:14:18 PM9/28/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

There isn't a specific auction insights report in the API. However, many of the metrics from that user interface view are available in various reports. For example:
This document provides all the fields available for all report types. You can determine the type of report you want to use based on the level at which you want to aggregate stats. You can use the examples provided here (Java) to download reports using AdWords API. Example code in other languages is available here.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

Anup Mamachan

Oct 24, 2017, 11:43:10 AM10/24/17
to AdWords API Forum
I have Auction Insights Report (scheduled weekly)saved in Reports tab.
Is it possible to fetch these reports using any API.

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Oct 24, 2017, 2:04:35 PM10/24/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Anup,

I'm afraid you cannot retrieve saved reports using AdWords API. You can use the API to download various report types as described in this guide. You can use the DownloadCriteriaReportWithAwql Java example as  reference which shows how to download reports using AdWords API. Example code in other languages is available here

Anup Mamachan

Oct 25, 2017, 1:25:12 AM10/25/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Shwetha,
          Thanks for the response, I got to know from your previous posts that Auction Insight Report  API is still not available. It would be great if you can give us some hint on  how to get the same report by aggregation of below reports.

Also ,ideally how much time is take for developer token to get approved?

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Oct 25, 2017, 10:38:20 AM10/25/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Anup,

You need to choose the type of report you want to use based on the level at which you want to aggregate stats. For example, Account Performance Report aggregates statistics at the Account level, whereas the Campaign Performance Report aggregates statistics at the campaign level. You can then make a request by including the required fields in the report query as described in this guide

Once you submit the Basic access application form, the AdWords API Compliance team will respond with an answer within a business day. You can get in touch with them via this link to check the status of your application.

Christoph Bodenstein

Jun 14, 2018, 11:57:40 AM6/14/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi everyone,

I just saw that it is at least now available to fetch auction insight data via Google Data Studio!

Teja Makani

Jun 14, 2018, 4:57:22 PM6/14/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Christoph,

It is an old thread, please create a new thread going forward as that will help us keep better track of the issues. Auction insights data is not available via AdWords API as of now. Please keep an eye on our blog for updates about the upcoming releases.

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.

an...@advative.io

Oct 23, 2018, 7:05:21 PM10/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

snippet.PNG

Dear Teja

I don't get any output values when I try to create the report. Do you know how I can use the AdWordsApp.report() function to get the specified values?

Best regards,

Anton Rydahl

Teja Makani

Oct 24, 2018, 2:29:19 PM10/24/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Anton,

It is an old thread, please create a new thread going forward as that will help us keep better track of the issues. Could you please confirm whether you are using AdWords API to download the reports? If yes, could you please share the report definition you are trying along with the client customer id and elaborate the scenario a bit more. You could use reply privately to the author option while sharing the details requested. In case you are using AdWords Scripts, please post your question on their form.

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.