Matching Search keywords report using API with Keyword status filter Enabled

Calin Lupoiu

Aug 12, 2022, 7:28:47 AM8/12/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I am trying to pull the search keywords report data using an api call and to replicate the data from the UI.

The problem I have is that I need to replicate the Search Keyword Report in the UI with the Keyword Status filter set to Enabled in GAQL in my api call.

Has anyone been able to replicate this report?

I cannot seem to be able to pull the same amount of rows in my api call compared to the UI and I am not sure what am I missing. In the UI I set the Keyword status filter to Enabled and I expect around 1700 rows back. In my api I am getting 40000 rows and I am sure it has something to do with the Keyword status filter not being set properly in the query.

Does anyone know how to set up the Keyword Status to Enabled in that query please or what the issue may be?

SELECT ad_group_criterion.keyword.text,
  campaign.name,
  ad_group.name,
  ad_group_criterion.system_serving_status,
  ad_group_criterion.keyword.match_type,
  ad_group_criterion.approval_status,
  ad_group_criterion.final_urls,
  metrics.clicks,
  metrics.impressions,
  metrics.ctr,
  metrics.average_cpc,
  metrics.cost_micros
FROM keyword_view
WHERE segments.date DURING YESTERDAY
  AND ad_group_criterion.status != 'REMOVED'

Thank you

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Aug 12, 2022, 12:16:26 PM8/12/22
to calin....@evolutionmoney.co.uk, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Calin,

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Ads API Forum.

I understand that you are trying to pull the search keywords report data using an api call and to replicate the data from the UI. Since you are getting 40000 rows in API as compared with 1700 rows with Ads UI, for us to investigate further, could you please provide us the following details, via reply privately to author option?

  • Customer ID or Complete request and response logs with the request-id generated
  • Complete Ads UI screenshot showing date filters without cropping

For the client library, logging can be enabled by navigating to the Client libraries > Your client library (ex Java) > Logging documentation, which you can access from this link

The above details will help our team in investigating issues further on our end.

Thanks,

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team