Get info about budget account when using auto payments

Borys Dziundziuk

Apr 10, 2023, 7:55:06 AM4/10/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello! I'm currently using automatic payments from my credit card. Is there a way to get how much money left at the account?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Apr 11, 2023, 3:00:15 AM4/11/23
to zhandar...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Borys,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Kindly note that this channel and our team provide support for Google Ads API-related concerns only. However, since your concern is about the money left in your account, I would suggest you reach out instead to the product team via this link, as they are better equipped to provide guidance on this kind of matter.

You may see the links below for the following emphasize words from the above statement:

Best regards,
Google Logo Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2kTf1J:ref

Borys Dziundziuk

Apr 11, 2023, 3:27:56 AM4/11/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Sorry, I thougt it obviuos that the question is related to Google Ads API as it's at the Google Ads API groups :) So, we can get budget left for prepayed account with this script https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/samples/get-account-budgets#python But how to get budget left for accounts with autopayment?

вівторок, 11 квітня 2023 р. о 10:00:15 UTC+3 Google Ads API Forum Advisor пише:

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Apr 11, 2023, 10:58:05 AM4/11/23
to zhandar...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Borys,

Thank you for your reply.

Upon team checking, we could confirm that we are now providing invoice downloads, and with this, we may say that the concern is covered. You may also check this documentation (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/billing/invoice#pdf) for downloading an invoice PDF.

Borys Dziundziuk

Apr 12, 2023, 4:54:19 AM4/12/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Thanks for the answer! As far as I understood, it's used for accounts with credit line and post payment, like when you spend whatever you spend and the next month get a bill which you have to pay.

But my question is about accounts with automatic payments from credit card. I've attached a screenshot with how interface looks like

вівторок, 11 квітня 2023 р. о 17:58:05 UTC+3 Google Ads API Forum Advisor пише:
Screenshot 2023-04-12 115308.png

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Apr 12, 2023, 11:10:13 AM4/12/23
to zhandar...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Borys,

Thank you for returning to us.

Regarding your concern, based on our Invoice document, you may download an invoice via the Google Ads API. Can you confirm if you already tried this on your end and yet you still haven't got your desired data? On the other hand, if you haven't already, I recommend you try this.

Let us know how it goes on your end.

Links included in this email:
Regards,

Borys Dziundziuk

May 23, 2023, 10:39:37 AM5/23/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Ok, I've tried to download invoice via API. It says "Cannot request invoices for a billing setup that is not on monthly invoicing"

середа, 12 квітня 2023 р. о 18:10:13 UTC+3 Google Ads API Forum Advisor пише:

Borys Dziundziuk

May 23, 2023, 11:02:56 AM5/23/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Seems like invoices are available only for accounts billed monthly. So what about accounts that got payed when the limit is reached?

вівторок, 23 травня 2023 р. о 17:39:37 UTC+3 Borys Dziundziuk пише:

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 25, 2023, 3:42:50 AM5/25/23
to zhandar...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Borys,

Thank you for getting back to us.

It appears that you have encountered a BILLING_SETUP_NOT_ON_MONTHLY_INVOICING error (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/reference/rpc/v13/InvoiceErrorEnum.InvoiceError#billing_setup_not_on_monthly_invoicing). Please note that as per this documentation (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/billing/invoice#prerequisites), one of the prerequisites of using the InvoiceService is to have monthly invoicing enabled in Google Ads account. With this, could you check your account’s billing setup and try again? You may also refer to this documentation (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/billing/billing-setups) about billing setup in Google Ads API. Please let us know if you were able to get the desired data after retrying.

Additionally, with regards to your concern on accounts that got paid when the limit has been reached, could you confirm if you are referring to the payment receipt? If yes, then you may note that as per Billing documentation, the InvoiceService available in API is intended to get data for invoices. Otherwise, if you are referring to something else, could you elaborate more on this? This is so we could provide more appropriate guidance.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2kTf1J:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Borys Dziundziuk

May 25, 2023, 3:47:17 AM5/25/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi! I'm referencing to this, please check the attached screenshot
  • Automatic payments: You're automatically charged after your ads run, either on the first day of each month or when you reach a preset amount (known as your threshold), whichever comes first. You can also make payments at any time to control your costs. Note: Google no longer accepts prepaid cards for automatic payments.
https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/1704418?hl=en&ref_topic=3119102&sjid=16881576098086863420-EU

четвер, 25 травня 2023 р. о 10:42:50 UTC+3 Google Ads API Forum Advisor пише:
Screenshot 2023-05-25 104631.png

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 29, 2023, 4:32:03 AM5/29/23
to zhandar...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Borys,

Thank you for the reply.

Could you first confirm if you already tried downloading an invoice via the Google Ads API and this automatic payment is indeed not included in that? If yes, could you please provide a screenshot of that in the report that you have downloaded from the API so we can further check this and provide appropriate answers to you? This is because the Google Ads API mirrors the Google Ads UI. Whatever data shows up on the Ads UI report, the API should pull it the same way. So if this indeed does not include downloading invoices via the Google Ads API, we may raise this as a feature request, subject to review.

You may then send the requested information via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias instead.

However, if you still have not tried to download the report through the API, I would suggest you first do all the prerequisites we mentioned and try to download it first.

Message has been deleted