Error in Google Ads API: change_event.client_type - Changes via "GOOGLE_ADS_EDITOR" are missing.

Mat

Dec 10, 2020, 2:24:24 AM12/10/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I noticed another error in the change_event report:

If the changes werde made through the Google Ads Editor, they are missing in the report.
The change_event.client_type "GOOGLE_ADS_EDITOR" does not seem to work properly.

Regards
Mat

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 11, 2020, 5:04:47 AM12/11/20
to m...@keyword-experte.de, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mat,

To investigate, could you provide the following details via Reply privately to author option?
  • sample screenshots of the change history logs made by Google Ads editor that were not included in the report
  • complete request and response logs with request ID
  • customer ID

Regards,
Google Logo
Ernie John Blanca Tacata
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q28otVg:ref

Jt Jt

Dec 11, 2020, 5:47:02 AM12/11/20
to adsapifor...@gmail.com, m...@keyword-experte.de, adwor...@googlegroups.com

ในวันที่ ศ. 11 ธ.ค. 2020 17:04 น. Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod <adsapifor...@gmail.com> เขียนว่า:
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/S62FS000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000QL66MY00Z_IeYwcaSDm-aw6dkYpybw%40sfdc.net.

Mat

Dec 11, 2020, 6:51:43 AM12/11/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Ernie,

sure - if you provide me an email address to relpy to. Unforunately the "Reply privatley to author"-Button in this conversion is greyed out.

Regards
Mat

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 14, 2020, 10:27:26 PM12/14/20
to jt65...@gmail.com, m...@keyword-experte.de, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jt,

If you have similar issue with Mat, then please also provide the following details via Reply privately to author option to investigate:

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 5, 2021, 10:42:47 AM1/5/21
to jt65...@gmail.com, m...@keyword-experte.de, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi All -

The issue here appears to be related to the version of Editor that's being used when making changes.

Older versions of Editor are connected to a separate backend service that the Google Ads API doesn't read from. If you update your version of Editor to the latest you should start seeing data come back from the change_event resource.

Thanks,
Ben, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q28otVg:ref

Mat

Jan 5, 2021, 10:52:12 AM1/5/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Ben,

thank you for that information. However, I'm using the Version 1.5.2 Build: Nov 12 2020 16:43:56 and there does not seem to be a newer one.
What's the latest version and where can I download it?

Regards
Mat

Mat

Feb 18, 2021, 8:45:26 AM2/18/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

sadly, even after the Google Ads API v6.1 update and google-ads-python-v.9.0.0 upgrade, the change events of the change_event.client_type "GOOGLE_ADS_EDITOR" are still missing completely in the change_event report. This is the case in our entire MCC with a 3 digit number of customers and lots of account managers using the latest available version 1.5.4.

Please have a look into this issue.

Regards
Mat

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 18, 2021, 1:12:04 PM2/18/21
to m...@keyword-experte.de, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mat,

Can you clarify which version of Google Ads Editor you are using? Based on the documentation, the most recent version is 12.6. That page contains a link to download the latest version.

Mat

Feb 19, 2021, 1:53:15 AM2/19/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Ben,

as I pointed out in my last response, we are currently using the latest available version 1.5.4 Build Jan 12 2021 16:45:07 of the Google Ads Editor (Windows Version).
The link you provided leads to the outdated "legacy" versions of the Google Ads Editor.
You'll find the most recent releases here.

Regards
Mat

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 19, 2021, 4:37:45 PM2/19/21
to m...@keyword-experte.de, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mat -

Ah, you're right, sorry about the misunderstanding! Assuming your team has been making changes with the newest version of Editor, there should be recent information returned via the Google Ads API. Do you know about what date you would have switched to the newest version?

I'm going to go back to the team that focuses on this component to see if they have some additional information.
Message has been deleted

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Mar 30, 2021, 9:22:16 AM3/30/21
to m...@keyword-experte.de, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mat -

Quick update per the other issue where we corresponded.

The team is still investigating why Editor changes are missing from change_event. Unfortunately I don't have any new information yet, but I'm pushing for a resolution so hopefully will have an update soon.

Aaron Weiner

Mar 24, 2022, 8:46:06 AM3/24/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Any news on this issue?

change_event is missing changes that originate from the Google Ads Editor.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Mar 25, 2022, 10:44:27 AM3/25/22
to aa...@softwarepromotions.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,

Unfortunately this issue is not quite fixed yet, but the team is actively working on it. Keep an eye on our developer blog for updates.

Mat

Sep 30, 2022, 10:55:46 AM9/30/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
"but the team is actively working on it" - still o.O? I wouldn't have expected this to be a 6+ months hands on project, but sadly, change_event is still missing changes that originate from all including the latest Google Ads Editor versions.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 30, 2022, 11:08:43 AM9/30/22
to m...@keyword-experte.de, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mat,

Indeed it's been ongoing for a long time. Following the conversation internally I can say that the team has encountered a number of challenges, namely overcoming various latency gaps, that have slowed down progress significantly. I'll share your feedback in the hopes that it might help speed things up.

Thanks,

Google Logo
Ben Karl
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q28otVg:ref

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 4, 2022, 11:44:03 AM10/4/22
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, m...@keyword-experte.de

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience. I’ve received an update from my team.

Kindly note that the Google Ads editor changes are not supported in change_event report. As of now, we are not planning editor support for the change_event service.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q28otVg:ref

Aaron Weiner

Oct 5, 2022, 8:05:33 AM10/5/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Why won't Google Ads editor changes be supported in the change_event report?

Is there a reason why?

Aaron

Mat

Oct 5, 2022, 8:33:07 AM10/5/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Well - shall we trust in Ben, in Yasar - or in the online description?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 5, 2022, 12:40:46 PM10/5/22
to m...@keyword-experte.de, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mat,

Thank you for your reply. Allow me to raise this question to the rest of our team and we will provide updates as soon as available.

Best regards,
Google Logo
Jinky
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q28otVg:ref

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 5, 2022, 2:12:33 PM10/5/22
to m...@keyword-experte.de, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mat,

You should depend on what Yasar said, since that's the latest update from our side. I'll update the documentation appropriately.

Thanks,

Anash

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q28otVg:ref

Mat

Oct 25, 2022, 9:50:50 AM10/25/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi Anash,

it looks like your developer team has solved the problem in the meantime, despite the various contradictory statements here, at least to the extent that this month, for the first time ever since the change_event report was created, changes with the change_event.client_type "GOOGLE_ADS_EDITOR" actually appear in our reports. So it's a good thing that you haven't updated the online documentation yet ;-)

Regards
Mat

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 26, 2022, 1:31:00 PM10/26/22
to m...@keyword-experte.de, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mat,

That's strange... Do you have a request ID or a query + customer ID you could share with me?

Regards

Mat

Oct 27, 2022, 9:35:12 AM10/27/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum