How to exclude topics through AdWords API

Alberto

Nov 15, 2019, 4:18:31 AM11/15/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

I wanted to know if its possible to exclude certain topic using AdWords API. I was researching docs and Im not able to find any documentation related to Topic entity.

Thanks in advance

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Nov 15, 2019, 12:51:47 PM11/15/19
to luis.c...@monkeyflux.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you elaborate on your questions to let us know what you are specifically looking for? With elaboration on the questions we could provide a better solution to you.

Thanks and regards,
Xiaoming, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UOCCaR:ref

Alberto

Nov 16, 2019, 9:57:49 AM11/16/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

Id like to know, if as its possible to exclude certain AgeRange using this code:

return (new AdGroupCriterionOperation())
->setOperand(
(new NegativeAdGroupCriterion())
->setAdGroupId($networkId)
->setCriterionUse(CriterionUse::NEGATIVE)
->setCriterion(
(new AgeRange())->setId($ageRangeId)
)
->setAdGroupCriterionType(CriterionType::AGE_RANGE)
)
->setOperator(Operator::ADD)
;

If its possible to do the same but with topics, for example, excluding "New Homes & Custom Homes" through AdWords API.

Thanks

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Nov 18, 2019, 2:56:26 PM11/18/19
to luis.c...@monkeyflux.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for reaching out. You will be able to use the similar code to exclude Verticals listed here to exclude certain topics. Please refer to this documentation for the types of Criterion you could exclude.  Please let us know if you have any further concerns.