CAMPAIGNBIDDINGSTRATEGY_NOT_SET when bidding strategy is MAXIMIZE_CONVERSIONS without targetCpa set

Estanislao Ledesma

Aug 11, 2021, 3:54:45 PM8/11/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,
I am trying to create a campaign with standard bidding strategy of type MAXIMIZE_CONVERSIONS, without setting a value for targetCPA (which the documentation says is optional) and in the response, GoogleAds is returning Campaign.CampaignBiddingStrategyCase.CAMPAIGNBIDDINGSTRATEGY_NOT_SET as the bidding strategy set (i've also checked the UI and it says that the campaign has Maximize Conversions bidding strategy, so most possibly is an incongruity between the ui and the api.
Thanks,
Estanislao

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Aug 12, 2021, 2:28:43 PM8/12/21
to estanisla...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. It appears you are using the AdWords API. Can you please provide us with your complete SOAP request and response logs so that we can take a closer look at the issue?

Thanks,
Matt
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo
Matt
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2LmUTL:ref

Estanislao Ledesma

Aug 12, 2021, 3:13:31 PM8/12/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,
Actually, I'm using the Google Ads API in java. This is my request:
customer_id: "1754975815"
operations {
  create {
    status: PAUSED
    advertising_channel_type: SEARCH
    maximize_conversions {
    }
    name: "Campaign Name00b359ab-33e9-4bf6-88cc-fdf506f239e2"
    campaign_budget: "customers/1754975815/campaignBudgets/9276802488"
    start_date: "2021-08-13"
    end_date: "2021-08-20"
  }
}
partial_failure: true
response_content_type: MUTABLE_RESOURCE
Thanks,
Estanislao

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Aug 15, 2021, 10:00:48 PM8/15/21
to estanisla...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Can you share to us the complete logs (request and response with request-id) generated so our team can further check?

Please send the requested details via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias instead.

Regards,

Google Logo
Mark Kevin Albios
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2LmUTL:ref

Estanislao Ledesma

Aug 31, 2021, 3:57:59 PM8/31/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello, I've found that the same thing is happening for bidding strategy of type TARGET_SPEND without cpc bid ceiling micros.
Any update on when this is going to be resolved?
Thanks,
Estanislao

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 2, 2021, 10:40:05 PM9/2/21
to estanisla...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello Estanislao,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As previously mentioned by Ernie, it would be best if you can provide us the complete request and response logs where we can see the request headers, error message and the request ID. This will greatly help our team to fully check on the issue. You can enable the logging of the API transactions by following this guide.

Estanislao Ledesma

Sep 10, 2021, 12:42:41 PM9/10/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
hi, I've sent them privately. Looking forward to hearing back.
Thanks,
Estanislao

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 13, 2021, 4:18:12 AM9/13/21
to estanisla...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Estanislao,

Thank you for providing the requested details privately.

Upon checking the provided API logs, I did not see the errors that you've mentioned as the API requests are successful. With this, if the issue is still persisting on your end, please provide the complete request and response logs where we can see the request headers, especially the error message and the request ID in order for us to address your issue.

You can send the requested details via the Reply privately to author option or send to googleadsa...@google.com alias instead if the said option is not available.

Regards,

Google Logo
Ernie John Blanca Tacata
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2LmUTL:ref

Estanislao Ledesma

Sep 14, 2021, 11:35:13 AM9/14/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,
Yes, they are successful but the response data is not correct, i.e., you're missing the error. If this is the request:

operations {
  create {
    status: PAUSED
    advertising_channel_type: SEARCH
    network_settings {
      target_google_search: true
      target_search_network: true
      target_content_network: false
      target_partner_search_network: false
    }
    target_spend {
    }
    name: "Interplanetary Cruise #2021-09-14T12:27:54.628-0300"
    campaign_budget: "customers/9938855968/campaignBudgets/9478445209"
    start_date: "20211028"
    end_date: "20211120"
  }
}
partial_failure: true
response_content_type: MUTABLE_RESOURCE

And this is the response:

Body: results {
  resource_name: "customers/9938855968/campaigns/14646951284"
  campaign {
    resource_name: "customers/9938855968/campaigns/14646951284"
    status: PAUSED
    ad_serving_optimization_status: OPTIMIZE
    advertising_channel_type: SEARCH
    network_settings {
      target_google_search: true
      target_search_network: true
      target_content_network: false
      target_partner_search_network: false
    }
    geo_target_type_setting {
      positive_geo_target_type: PRESENCE_OR_INTEREST
      negative_geo_target_type: PRESENCE
    }
    payment_mode: CLICKS
    name: "Interplanetary Cruise #2021-09-14T12:27:54.628-0300"
    id: 14646951284
    campaign_budget: "customers/9938855968/campaignBudgets/9478445209"
    start_date: "2021-10-28"
    end_date: "2021-11-20"
  }
}

Failure message: null

As you can see in the code above, the request sets target_spend as the bidding strategy type (the part in bold) but the response doesn't provide that info, i.e., what we see from the JAVA code is Campaign.CampaignBiddingStrategyCase.CAMPAIGNBIDDINGSTRATEGY_NOT_SET as the bidding strategy type. But if you go to the UI the bidding strategy is correctly set.
If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to tell me.
Thank you,
Estanislao

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 15, 2021, 3:50:35 PM9/15/21
to estanisla...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Can you please provide your complete logs (logs that include the customer ID and request ID)? This will allow us to investigate this issue directly in your account.

Thanks,
Matt
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo
Matt
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2LmUTL:ref

Estanislao Ledesma

Sep 20, 2021, 9:56:33 AM9/20/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,
I've already sent it privtely.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 21, 2021, 5:06:26 AM9/21/21
to estanisla...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Estanislao,

Thank you for providing more details to your concern.

Could you confirm if you also tried passing the cpc_bid_ceiling_micros (without setting value here) to the TargetSpend? If not, please do so.

If the issue persists, please provide code that you've used here and the updated request and response logs with the request headers and the request ID. Please send the requested details via the Reply privately to author option again.

Regards,
Google Logo
Ernie John Blanca Tacata
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2LmUTL:ref

Estanislao Ledesma

Sep 23, 2021, 10:05:09 AM9/23/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,
No I can't. cpc_bid_ceiling_micros cannot be null and when I send 0 I get partial failures (Too low., at operations[0].create.target_spend.cpc_bid_ceiling_micros)
Regards,
Estanislao

Estanislao Ledesma

Oct 13, 2021, 2:04:35 PM10/13/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,
Any updates on this?
Thanks in advance.
Estanislao

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 14, 2021, 5:11:14 PM10/14/21
to estanisla...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Estanislao,

It seems that you may not have received our previous emails on this. Please see Ernie's request from earlier in response to the partial failures you are receiving:

Thank you for providing more details to your concern.

I can raise this issue to the rest of the team to have deeper analysis here and to address it. But before that, would you be able to provide the code, also requested in my previous response, that you've used to generate the latest API logs as it will help in our investigation?

Regards,
Matt
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo