GAds API: segment by ad event type

Aleksei Krizhanovskii

Sep 17, 2021, 10:11:09 AM9/17/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Is there any way to segment conversions by ad_event_type on campaign or ad_group level like we do in GAds UI?clicks vs engagements.png
It would be even more useful to segment by ad_event_type and network simultaneously.

Segmenting by conversion_attribution_event_type doesn't solve the problem as it splits only by impr. and interactions but not by clicks, engagements and impr.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 20, 2021, 3:08:59 PM9/20/21
to aleksei_kr...@belkatechnologies.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aleksei,

Thanks for reaching out. At the moment, there isn't an attribute in the campaign or ad group view that provides the ad event type as seen in the UI. As you pointed out, the attribution event type for a conversion does not provide clicks. I will submit a feature request on your behalf for such an attribute. New features can be tracked in the release notes.

Regards,
Matt
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo