I can‘t get the linked GA account information.

晓薇陈

Nov 26, 2021, 1:25:58 AM11/26/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I want to get the linked GA account with google ads api,but it returns null,my request listed as follows:

curl --location --request POST '/v9/customers/XXXX/googleAds:searchStream' \
--data-raw '{
"query": "SELECT
account_link.status,
account_link.type,
account_link.account_link_id,
account_link.data_partner.data_partner_id,
account_link.google_ads.customer,
account_link.resource_name,
account_link.third_party_app_analytics.app_analytics_provider_id,
account_link.third_party_app_analytics.app_id,
account_link.third_party_app_analytics.app_vendor
FROM account_link"
}'

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Nov 29, 2021, 1:45:44 AM11/29/21
to viviana...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for posting your concern.

To investigate the issue, could you provide the complete request and response logs with request ID and request header generated on your end? You can provide it via Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, then send it instead on this email address googleadsa...@google.com.

Regards,

Reminder: Share your feedback about the Google Ads (AdWords) API! Take the 2021 Google Ads API and AdWords API Annual Survey

Google Logo
Ernie John Blanca Tacata
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2RwH2F:ref

晓薇陈

Nov 29, 2021, 2:03:19 AM11/29/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
It just return part of my linked accounts but none of GA account.
request:
--header 'Content-Type: text/plain' \
--data-raw '{
"query": "SELECT account_link.status,account_link.type,account_link.account_link_id,account_link.data_partner.data_partner_id,account_link.google_ads.customer,account_link.resource_name,account_link.third_party_app_analytics.app_analytics_provider_id,account_link.third_party_app_analytics.app_id,account_link.third_party_app_analytics.app_vendor FROM account_link"
}'
response:
[
    {
        "results": [
            {
                "accountLink": {
                    "resourceName": "customers/XXXXXX/accountLinks/XXXXX",
                    "status": "REMOVED",
                    "type": "THIRD_PARTY_APP_ANALYTICS",
                    "accountLinkId":
                }
            },
            {
                "accountLink": {
                    "resourceName": "customers/XXXXXX/accountLinks/XXXXX",
                    "status": "ENABLED",
                    "type": "THIRD_PARTY_APP_ANALYTICS",
                    "accountLinkId":
                }
            },
            {
                "accountLink": {
                    "resourceName": "customers/XXXXX/accountLinks/XXXXX",
                    "status": "ENABLED",
                    "type": "THIRD_PARTY_APP_ANALYTICS",
                    "accountLinkId":
                }
            },
            {
                "accountLink": {
                    "resourceName": "customers/XXXXX/accountLinks/XXXXX",
                    "status": "ENABLED",
                    "type": "DATA_PARTNER",
                    "accountLinkId":
                }
            },
            {
[...]
        ],
        "fieldMask": "accountLink.status,accountLink.type,accountLink.accountLinkId,accountLink.dataPartner.dataPartnerId,accountLink.googleAds.customer,accountLink.resourceName",
        "requestId": "J8mTyoCa6tDWl9LOXI5Gkg"
    }
]

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Nov 29, 2021, 5:21:04 PM11/29/21
to viviana...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thank you for showing a glimpse of what you see. I raised with my team your request for more Google Analytics account information in account_link. This request is subject to review. You may monitor our blog for an update.

To be certain about what you are missing, could you privately send us a request and response log of API communication that returns all the Id's?  The request and response appears similar to the JSON Mappings in our REST documentation. Our client libraries have loggers with logging instructions, to see these instructions you can click on the client library you use in the sidebar of our client library guide and click on "Logging". Setting the logger to 'DEBUG' will get the desired log.

Reminder: Share your feedback about the Google Ads (AdWords) API! Take the 2021 Google Ads API and AdWords API Annual Survey

Regards,
Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2RwH2F:ref

Chen Xiaowei

Dec 2, 2021, 3:59:35 AM12/2/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,now I find another question.I want to check conversions which are imported from GA,I use both
GET https://googleads.googleapis.com/v9/customers/XXXX/conversionActions/XXXX and
the GA goals are classified by type“UNKNOWN”. I see ExternalConversionSource has an enum "ANALYTICS",but I can't use it in ConversionAction.
Can you help me?
Thanks,Vivi

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Dec 2, 2021, 9:24:36 PM12/2/21
to viviana...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vivi,

Thank you for raising your new concerns.

To take a closer look at the issue, could you provide the following details?
  • ID of that conversion action with Google Analytics goals type
  • Screenshot of the whole UI where we can see that conversion action
  • complete request and response logs with request ID and request header generated on your end where we can see the UNKNOWN value
As for the issue below, please provide more details here to check and to address it.

"I see ExternalConversionSource has an enum "ANALYTICS",but I can't use it in ConversionAction."

Regards,
Google Logo
Ernie John Blanca Tacata
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2RwH2F:ref

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Dec 2, 2021, 9:29:28 PM12/2/21
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, viviana...@gmail.com
Hi Vivi,

Also, please provide the details that I requested previously via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, then send it instead on this email address googleadsa...@google.com.
Message has been deleted

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Dec 7, 2021, 2:16:12 AM12/7/21
to viviana...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vivi,

Thank you for all the information you have provided so far to our API support team. However, I had to delete your most recent response as it contained your account and logs information.

Moving forward, I would recommend that you refer to this section of our conversion management overview, where it states that :

Note: Analytics goals and transactions created in Google Analytics profiles linked to this Google Ads account are returned with no tracking code type. They have a status of HIDDEN if they haven't been imported into Google Ads. The status of these conversion actions cannot be changed using the API; they can only be imported using the Google Ads UI.

As mentioned above, these are an external source and can only be imported using the Google Ads UI. That said, could you elaborate on what you meant earlier by "I see ExternalConversionSource has an enum "ANALYTICS",but I can't use it in ConversionAction."?

Best regards,

Google Logo
Peter Laurence Napa Oliquino