Refresh Token Expire

Nikhil HIRAPARA

Jul 3, 2024, 4:14:44 PM (3 days ago) Jul 3
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I have a query regarding the expiration of refresh tokens. If we set the user type as internal and the project status to production, will our refresh tokens expire or be revoked after 7 days?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 3, 2024, 4:48:31 PM (3 days ago) Jul 3
to nikhil....@growsolutions.in, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

Based on the information provided, I understand that you would like to know the expiration time for a refresh token in production. I would like to inform you that the refresh token expires every 7 days when your Google project's publishing status is 'Testing'. You can refer to the document Refresh token expiration for more information.

Kindly note that if you want to avoid the refresh token expiring in 7 days, go to the Google API Console and navigate to the OAuth consent screen and then change the publishing status to “In production”. If its publishing status is in "In production" already, this means that you have already applied this Setting up your OAuth consent screen instruction to that account that makes the life of the refresh token longer.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJZxE:ref" (ADR-00245088)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Register for the upcoming workshop: Performance Max and the Google Ads API!