NO_SIGNUP_PERMISSION when creating a new BillingSetup

Yann

Oct 13, 2021, 12:31:45 PM10/13/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Google Ads API raises NO_SIGNUP_PERMISSION when I try to create a new BillingSetup. The `customer_id` is a valid ad account. I log into the API with a service account and an impersonated user.

The same operation works using Google Ads Web UI with the same user.

Thank you,
Yann

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 14, 2021, 11:47:24 AM10/14/21
to ya...@amplify.ooo, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yann,

Thanks for reaching out. The documentation recommends to reach out to your representative to enable sign up permissions for a user, although you mention you managed to set this up through the UI with the same user. Can you please provide us with your complete request and response logs so that we can have a closer look?

Thanks,
Matt
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo
Matt
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2PJJCD:ref
Message has been deleted

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 20, 2021, 2:13:21 AM10/20/21
to ya...@amplify.ooo, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yann,

I'm also from the Google Ads API support team and allow me to assist you as well. I also had to delete your recent response because although details were redacted, we recommend that you send logs and screenshots of your Google Ads account using the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias instead.

Moving forward, you mentioned using a service account for your API requests. That being said, the API does not appear to recognize the credentials to be associated to a user or is a user who has been given permission to manage billing information of the account.

I would recommend that you first revisit your service account setup by referring here, and here, to check whether the said service account was setup correctly.

Since this is also related to permissions, I would recommend as well that you reach out to the Google Ads Product Support team, via this link, to clarify how your service account details can be given permission or access similar to the user/email address you used to update the billing information via the UI.

Should issues persist after permissions have been confirmed to be correct, you may write back to our team and provide the updated logs privately using the options I mentioned above.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Peter Laurence Napa Oliquino