Ad validation by Google Ads team experts

Miguel Graciá

Apr 2, 2020, 8:53:30 AM4/2/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi team.

I have a couple of questions regarding the ad validation process by the Google Ads team. Here is an example:

I create a campaign, a group and an advertisement, with its associated keywords, the locations where it is displayed, an optimal bid, etc.

Once the ad has been validated through your automatic processes, all the indicators seen on the platform make us think that the ad is ready to be shown.

After the automated review process, the ad is reviewed by one of your experts (right?). At that point, the expert may consider that the ad is inappropriate and decides to mark the ad as invalid (inappropriate language, poor quality of the site the ad is targeting, copyright violation ... whatever)

If that were the case, is there any google ads api method where i can know that the ad is not showing due to unfavorable review by your experts?

Regardless of the previous question, if I make improvements to my ad after your unfavorable review, is there any other method via api to report that the ad has received improvements and can be re-reviewed by your experts?

Thanks for your help

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Apr 2, 2020, 3:27:50 PM4/2/20
to miguelgra...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Miguel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I see that you have two questions regarding ad approval/disapproval. Below you will find my answers to your concerns.

1. Is there a method to see if an ad has been approved or disapproved?
You should be able to use ad_group_ad.policy_summary that specifies the current status of review for an ad. You can find the list of statuses here.

2. Is there a method via the API to inform us that the ad has received improvements and can be re-approved?
Unfortunately there is no method via the API to help fix disapproved ads. However, to fix disapproved ads, please see here for more information on how to fix the ad and go through the approval process once more.

Thank you,
Bryan, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UZVl6B:ref

Miguel Graciá

Apr 7, 2020, 3:40:10 AM4/7/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Bryan,
Thanks for the info, I'll take a look.
If I have any questions, with your permission I will write again

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UZVl6B:ref