API "Requests" value showing in console vs. API calls limited under Basic access

Steve Begin

Jul 1, 2024, 7:39:14 AMJul 1
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello,

May you please tell me if the value shown for Google Ads API "Requests" (or any other metric) in the following console corresponds to the 15000 call limit the Basic (vs. Standard) access facilitates?  https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/adwords-api

If it does correspond, is it 1:1, or does it differ based on factors? I made 92 calls in a period of less than 30 minutes (all of the same type of GAQL based search on the campaign resource) and noticed it only increased by 26 (even after giving time for latency now for several hours).

Thank you!

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 1, 2024, 8:58:16 AMJul 1
to steve...@rjpsystems.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

To assist you further, could you provide the "console" that you are referring to? It looks like you missed attaching the screenshot or the URL of the console that you are talking about. Note that a single query or report is counted as one operation, regardless of the results being streamed through GoogleAdsService.SearchStream or paged from a GoogleAdsService.Search call. Learn more. For a mutate request, each mutated item counts as one operation. Please refer to this guide on API operations for more information.

Also, I would recommend you refer to this guide on API Limits and Quotas, which summarizes some of the important limits and quotas to be aware of.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJWdW:ref" (ADR-00244695)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Register for the upcoming workshop: Performance Max and the Google Ads API!

Steve Begin

Jul 1, 2024, 9:47:47 AMJul 1
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello, thank you for your response. I have attached the requested "requests in console.png" as a screenshot showing the URL of the console I referenced (being that the URL's submitted in plain text as I had evidently do get stripped out of the message [understandably so]).
requests in console.png