Performance Max Placement and Asset reporting via Google Ads API

Jeff Strome

May 17, 2022, 10:10:38 AM5/17/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hey there,

We have currently begun experimenting with Performance Max campaigns.  I'm trying to pull as much reporting information as I can for my team via the Google Ads API.  I am able to successfully query metrics and conversions using the campaign resource. No complaints there!

When searching through documentation, I found the following reports available in the UI:

However, I am having trouble locating them in the Google Ads API documentation.  Could anyone please point me to the resource that will allow me to access those reports?  If they are not accessible via Google Ads API I would like to request that feature.

Thanks,
Jeff

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 18, 2022, 4:08:14 AM5/18/22
to je...@lewismediapartners.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for raising this concern to the Google Ads API team.

Moving forward, it appears that you are looking for the placement and asset report documentation. That said, for the placement reporting, kindly check this documentation where you can see that the managed_placement_view report is the equivalent of the placement report in the Google Ads API. As for asset reporting, please see this asset report documentation.

Regards,
Google Logo
Carmela
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2atY7e:ref

Jeff Strome

May 18, 2022, 2:28:00 PM5/18/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi Carmela,

Thank you for your response.

When querying managed_placement_view for my Performance Max campaign, I do not get any results.  Before I start testing the asset report you listed, can you please confirm that both of these will return similar reports to what I have linked to above?  Both of these reports are for Performance Max campaigns:

I'm happy to send along logs if that would be helpful once we confirm that both resources you've linked to support Performance Max, giving the reports I have listed.

Thanks,
Jeff

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 19, 2022, 11:58:50 AM5/19/22
to je...@lewismediapartners.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

I can confirm that it will return similar reports. If you are not getting similar report, can you please provide full screen screenshot of the UI of what you are looking for? so that i can further investigate the issue. Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Nirmita
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2atY7e:ref
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jeff Strome

May 19, 2022, 2:30:57 PM5/19/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Quick update for anyone looking for this in the future - the  Asset Reporting for Performance Max can be replicated by pulling from the "asset_group_asset" resource.  The specific "performance" field from that report is " asset_group_asset.performance_label " My GAQL query pulls a few other interesting fields and looks like this:
SELECT

customer.id,
customer.descriptive_name,
campaign.name,
asset_group_asset.field_type,
asset.name,
asset_group.name,
asset.call_to_action_asset.call_to_action,
asset.type,
asset.text_asset.text,
asset.image_asset.full_size.url,
asset.youtube_video_asset.youtube_video_id,
asset_group_asset.performance_label

FROM asset_group_asset
WHERE campaign.advertising_channel_type = 'PERFORMANCE_MAX'

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 20, 2022, 11:44:52 AM5/20/22
to je...@lewismediapartners.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello Jeff,

Glad to hear that from you, you found the expected reports from your end. Let me know if you can help with anything else.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Jakeia Sabrina
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2atY7e:ref
Message has been deleted

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Mar 3, 2023, 2:23:43 PM3/3/23
to adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Ads API Forum. I hope you are doing well today.

Thank you for showing your interest in placement reporting. Moving forward to your concern, can you please provide us a UI screenshot (uncropped) of the placement report that you are retrieving? This will help us to provide right information and recommendations.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2atY7e:ref