How to add multiple keywords to a keyword plan within a single API call?

Zhen Guo

Jun 3, 2020, 4:35:51 PM6/3/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I am new to Google Ads API. I know there should be a way to add multiple keywords to a keyword plan within a single API call. I have about 2000 keywords so I don't want to waste my daily operations on just adding them to the plan. I read through the batch processing, but none of the MutateOperations seem to have keyword related features. Which specific API operations should I call to add multiple keywords to a keyword plan? If it can't be done within one call, what particular method I should use to combine or reduce calls?

Thank you.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 4, 2020, 9:46:18 AM6/4/20
to gzx...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zhen,

Thank you for reaching out. When creating your plan request, you just need to add multiple KeywordPlanKeyword objects to a KeywordPlanKeywordOperations list. You can find an example of this here in the Create KeywordPlanKeyword section.

Regards,
Mitchell
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q20Vywn:ref

Zhen Guo

Jun 4, 2020, 10:02:55 AM6/4/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
So, if I understand this correctly, the way the example adding keywords count as ONE API operation. Right?

在 2020年6月4日星期四 UTC-4上午9:46:18,adsapiforumadvisor写道:

Zhen Guo

Jun 4, 2020, 10:10:10 AM6/4/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
How many operations does the example count towards the daily operation limit?

在 2020年6月4日星期四 UTC-4上午9:46:18,adsapiforumadvisor写道:
Hi Zhen,

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 4, 2020, 4:17:40 PM6/4/20
to gzx...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zhen,

As explained here, each item you operate on will count as 1 mutate operation so the amount of keywords you operate on will be the number of operations. If you are reaching your daily operation limit, I would recommend looking into upgrading your token to standard access as explained here.