Text Asset Uniqueness

Jayden Zangari

May 17, 2022, 8:09:21 PM5/17/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hey Google team,

We have a question about text assets and how they're treated in Google. While testing, we noticed that if we created two text assets with identical text (regardless of it was done through the API or the UI), Google will treat them as a single text asset with a single resource name.

For example, if I upload a text asset "HELLO THERE" via the Google Ads API twice, then do a search for all text assets within an account, only one text asset with text "HELLO THERE" will exist.

This is actually the desired behaviour for us. However, we can't find anything in the Google Ads documentation that verifies that Google treats text assets as unique based on the text contents.

Is there publicly available documentation that guarantees that Google treats text assets this way?

Thanks in advance.