Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Erik Gray

ungelesen,
07.08.2020, 17:04:4107.08.20
an AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello

In the AdWords Reporting platform we have found that when including AdType as a row in the report that HTML5 ad-type Ads are not showing volume.  When we remove 'Ad Type' as one of the 'rows' in the Reporting we are able to see the volume for these Ads just fine.

Further, we are seeing this behavior on one account, but not seeing the same behavior on another account. Would love to understand why.

This is applicable to the API because we are seeing the same behavior around the HTML5 AdType when leveraging the API.

I am happy to provide more specifics in a private message to an forum advisor.

Erik

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

ungelesen,
10.08.2020, 13:10:3410.08.20
an eg...@lumenad.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erik,

Can you please reply privately to author both report definitions and their results? Please also highlight the ad group and ad IDs that show no volume.

Thanks,
Anthony
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q23IaJb:ref

Erik Gray

ungelesen,
12.08.2020, 18:51:5312.08.20
an AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Anthony,

I am the Author so I am getting a 'grayed out' button on the "Reply to Author" option here, is there another option?

Erik

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

ungelesen,
13.08.2020, 12:35:4313.08.20
an eg...@lumenad.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erik,

You can reply with your report data on the forum. Just please be sure not to include any of the info mention in #4 of this post.

Regards,

Erik Gray

ungelesen,
14.08.2020, 13:52:0314.08.20
an AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hey Anthony,

Thanks for the further direction here, here are the further details: I have included two examples, one where the reporting is not showing as expected, and another where the report is showing as expected.

Account and AdID that is not showing Volume when AdType is included: this AdID has volume in Ads Manager, see screenshot

Account ID: 590-906-7329

Ex. Ad ID: 446103997161

Date Range: July 1st, 2020 - July 31st, 2020

Report Definitions: AccountID, AdType, AdId, Impressions

Account and AdID that IS showing Volume when AdType is included:

Account ID: 819-561-2270

Ex. Ad ID: 444711770634

Date Range: July 1st, 2020 - July 31st, 2020

Report Definitions: AccountID, AdType, AdId, Impressions

Ads Manager View.png

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

ungelesen,
14.08.2020, 16:35:2814.08.20
an eg...@lumenad.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erik,

Can you also share the ad group Ids these ads are associated with, since ad Ids are not unique? By no volume, do you mean you are not seeing these ads returned or that they are returning 0 impressions?

Erik Gray

ungelesen,
14.08.2020, 17:12:5714.08.20
an AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I have added the AdGroup ID below.

The AdID is not being returned at all.

Account and AdID that is not showing Volume when AdType is included: this AdID has volume in Ads Manager, see screenshot

Account ID: 590-906-7329

Ex. Ad ID: 446103997161; AdGroup ID: 100842071909

Date Range: July 1st, 2020 - July 31st, 2020

Report Definitions: AccountID, AdType, AdId, Impressions

Account and AdID that IS showing Volume when AdType is included:

Account ID: 819-561-2270

Ex. Ad ID: 444711770634; AdGroup ID: 101638198685

Date Range: July 1st, 2020 - July 31st, 2020

Report Definitions: AccountID, AdType, AdId, Impressions

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

ungelesen,
17.08.2020, 12:34:5117.08.20
an eg...@lumenad.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erik,

I was unable to replicate this behavior. Can you please include the API report, both with and without AdType?

Thanks,

Erik Gray

ungelesen,
27.08.2020, 13:02:5027.08.20
an AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hey Anthony,

See the attached result set from our API calls for: simply search for the AdID in the file

Account ID: 590-906-7329

Ex. Ad ID: 446103997161; AdGroup ID: 100842071909

Date Range: July 1st, 2020 - July 31st, 2020

Report Definitions: AccountID, AdType, AdId, Impressions

You will notice that the Ad Type is empty for the ADID that I am referring to, however there is volume for this AdID, this appears to be the issue as we are expecting an AdType back; and this explains why your UI's reporting is not showing volume for these ads when AdType is included in the report.

 Why is the AdType empty for some HTML5 Ads but not others?

Erik

adwords adtype.csv

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

ungelesen,
27.08.2020, 16:53:1727.08.20
an eg...@lumenad.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hey Erik,

It looks like these ads are a new type of HTML5 ad that is not supported by the AdWords API, yet, so it it comes back as blank. You can Google Ads API to get these ads.

Regards,

Anthony
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo