Ad schedule report breakdowns

mihail...@finsburymedia.com

Feb 2, 2023, 11:07:24 AM2/2/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I want to query ad schedule report via Google Ads API. You've provided a report ad_schedule_view (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v12/ad_schedule_view) that I can access to pull performance stats for given ad schedule. On this report there is no actual ad schedule instead there is a reference to the campaign criterion entities. So when I combine those 2 reports I can a list all ad schedules (that includes day of week, start hour & minute, end hour & minute) and performance stats on those (impressions, clicks and so on...). This is basically  the equivalent on Ad Schedules > Day & Hour report on Google Ads platform.

Problem that I'm facing is that I can not apply a different breakdown/segmentation apart from day+hour. So how can I pull report for ad schedule that segmented only by the days, or alternatively only by the hours?

Thanks & regards

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Feb 2, 2023, 1:10:12 PM2/2/23
to mihail...@finsburymedia.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Ads API Forum.

Since your concern is that you are not able to apply a different breakdown/segmentation apart from day+hour, could you confirm if this is already supported in the Google Ads UI? I asked this because the Google Ads API mirrors the Google Ads UI. If yes, then you may privately provide the complete Ads UI screenshot so that we can check better.

However, as seen in the below screenshot, ad_schedule_view report does not segments by hour so you won’t be able to segment by hour (segments.hour)

You may segment as per above segments fields and you may use the ad_schedule_view_query_builder to construct the query.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2iV4qW:ref

Mihail Ivanov

Feb 3, 2023, 3:14:24 AM2/3/23
to Google Ads API Forum Advisor, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for the update.

segments.date is a completely different breakdown from Weekdays (Mon-Sat) that I'm interested in.

So to confirm breakdown/segments by weekday and hour (like in the google ad interface) are not possible via Google Ads API. I will have to implement those in the code.

Regards,

Mihail Ivanov
Software Developer

Email - mihail...@finsburymedia.com
Web - www.finsburymedia.com

This e-mail is sent for and on behalf of Finsbury Media. Confidentiality: This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Feb 3, 2023, 6:11:34 AM2/3/23
to mihail...@finsburymedia.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mihail,

Thank you for the reply.

Since you mentioned this, "breakdown/segments by weekday and hour (like in the Google ad interface)" could you please provide us the whole UI screenshot of that breakdown/segments by weekday and hour so that our team can raise a feature request, subject for review for this in the API?

You may then send the requested information via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias instead.

Best regards,
Google Logo
Heidi