geo performance by ZIP_CODE?

Jay Zou

Feb 6, 2017, 2:07:56 PM2/6/17
to AdWords API Forum
I pulled a GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT, which is by city level.

Is there any other reports type providing granular segmentation, like ZIP code?

Thanks

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Feb 6, 2017, 4:05:43 PM2/6/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Jay,

You can use the field MostSpecificCriteriaId in the Geo Performance Report to fetch the location criterion associated with the impression. If you use zip codes as a targeting criterion for geographical targeting, you can use the Criteria Performance Report and filter on the CriteriaType as LOCATION.

Regards,
Vishal Vinayak, AdWords API Team

Adam Haining

Feb 15, 2017, 12:06:57 PM2/15/17
to AdWords API Forum
Can you provide some more details on this?  I also want to be able to pull the zip code details, but I do not see how this will all work.  I don't necessarily use zip codes as a targeting criterion, I just want to know the performance data at the zip code level.

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Feb 15, 2017, 3:32:02 PM2/15/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Adam,

There are various types of location targets available via AdWords API including but not limited to Borough, Canton, City, Region, State, Postal Code, Country etc. With AdWords API, for consistency purposes, you can target any location using the same logic as long as you know the criteria ID of that location. In short, criteria ID is a way to individually identify various location types.

MostSpecificCriteriaId field in the Geo Performance Report would contain breakdown by the location criteria ID (and not zipcode) of the place where the impression occurred. Using LocationCriterionService,  you can fetch the same information about a location criterion ID as is available in this table. In other words, if the criteria ID of the most specific location points to that of a zipcode, the LocationName field retrieved from the LocationCriterionService would contain that information. This example in java explains how to go about retrieving details of a location. Same example is available in other client libraries as well.

Hope this helps. Please revert in case you have other questions.

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team

Adam Haining

Feb 15, 2017, 4:49:56 PM2/15/17
to adwordsapiadvis...@google.com, AdWords API Forum
Got it, thanks.  I never noticed the Postal Code target types, very helpful.  I appreciate the quick response!

#end
Best Regards,

Adam Haining

CTO

P: (801) 473-9220

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/bd1b3a84-4912-4c25-b5d4-e730c732deae%40googlegroups.com.

ma...@adquick.com

Mar 5, 2017, 9:11:01 PM3/5/17
to AdWords API Forum, adwordsapiadvis...@google.com
Vishal - related questions:

What API fields would we use to call zip code performance of advertising? I see how we can do this for our account manually, but can't see how we would access this via API.

Below is the manual way we can create this report in excel. I hope there's a way to pull this via API. Thanks!
How to find this data in your own Google Adwords:
  1. Ad group

  2. Settings

  3. Locations

  4. Select country

  5. Select region

    1. Choose (postal code) from other location options

  6. Download

For more options, visit this group at
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API Forum" group.

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Mar 6, 2017, 12:22:24 PM3/6/17
to AdWords API Forum, adwordsapiadvis...@google.com
Hi Matt,

You can use Geo Performance Report to get performance stats for a geographic location. Adding MostSpecificCriteriaId field to the report would return the criteria ID of the location. This criteria ID can be mapped to a location (using the the table available here or using LocationCriterionService) and appropriate details of the location can be fetched. If the location criteria is a zipcode, the LocationName field retrieved from the LocationCriterionService would contain that information.