TargetCpaMicros vs TargetCpa

quan zhang

Oct 20, 2021, 3:24:03 PM10/20/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I'm working on switching from the TargetCpa bidding to MaxConversions bidding scheme (with a target CPA value) based on this link:  https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/10353027

In the original Target CPA bidding scheme, there is a TargetCpaMicros  field in 'campaign.TargetCpa.TargetCpaMicros'. Say I want to set my target cpa to $10, I will need to set the TargetCpaMicros value to 10 * 1000000 (the micro factor).

When switching to the MaxConversions bidding scheme, I saw there is a TargetCpa field in campaign.MaximizeConversions.TargetCpa (without "Micros" in the field name).

I have some confusion here. Let's say I also want to set the target cpa value to $10 in the MaxConversion bidding scheme, my question is that should I set the campaign.MaximizeConversions.TargetCpa to 10 or 10 * 1000000 ?

Thanks,
Quan

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 21, 2021, 5:30:20 AM10/21/21
to qzhan...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Quan,

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Ads API Team.

If you would like to set $10 as the value for campaign.MaximizeConversions.TargetCpa, then you should input 10 as its value. Let me know how it goes after trying the provided suggestion.

Regards,

Google Logo
Kevin Gil Soriano
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2QDquk:ref

quan zhang

Nov 1, 2021, 4:17:02 PM11/1/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I got an error message "TOO_LOW" after setting the  campaign.MaximizeConversions.TargetCpa value to 10. Is this expected?

Thanks,
Quan

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Nov 2, 2021, 3:15:24 AM11/2/21
to qzhan...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Quan,

I work along with Kevin. Allow me to assist you in this.

With regard to your concern, the error RangeError.TOO_LOW is observed when the value is too low than the minimum allowed for the specific field. For us to check the behavior that you reported, could you kindly provide the following? Kindly provide it via Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, then send it instead on this email address googleadsa...@google.com and let us know on this thread once sent.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie Pimentel