Google ads API vs UI

Tal Goldstein

Aug 9, 2022, 7:52:14 AM8/9/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,
When we try to get data using the API keywordPlanServiceClient.generateKeywordIdeas,
we find that we get numbers that are different than the ones that we see in the Google Ads UI.
In both we target only English language, Country=USA, we use the same account number,
any idea why we get different numbers ?

Thanks,
Tal

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Aug 9, 2022, 9:02:30 AM8/9/22
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tal,

Thank you for raising this concern to the Google Ads API Forum.

It seems that you are encountering the discrepancy between Google ads API and Google Ads UI. To have a clearer view, could you please provide the complete API logs within the format of request and response logs with the request-id that generated on your end also the screenshot of the Google Ads UI where we can see the discrepancy? This information will help our team to further check this. If you haven't yet, logging can be enabled by navigating to the Client libraries > Your client library (ex. Java) > Logging documentation, which you can access from this link.

For security privacy purposes, you can provide it via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, then send it instead on this email address googleadsa...@google.com.

Best regards,
Google Logo
Jinky